There are newer employer reviews for Ascensus

Great place to start

I worked at Ascensus

Pros

The people are, generally speaking, fantastic to work with. A good amount of time off with pretty good flexibility as well. The 401(k) platform is fair and, when I was there, a decent match. I also found health benefits affordable, although at the time I was only paying rates for a single person.

Cons

Pay is low to start, but worse was the "raise" they gave me after a year. During my short tenure I consistently got rave reviews and praise, but upon trying to move up into a higher position was stonewalled because they required employees to be in a particular job for a certain length of time before even considering promotions.

Rewarding employees with "jeans days" is great, but having the opportunity to push ones' self by accepting new challenges is better. Maybe leave the rule on no promotions after a certain amount of time in the handbook, but consider overlooking it from time to time - or at least affording the employee the opportunity to interview for the position

31 Other Employee Reviews for Ascensus (View Most Recent)

Ok place for an office setting, ultimately Clichy management left sour taste.

I worked at Ascensus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun, friendly smart people to work with. Learned a lot about retirement plans and computer programs like Excel and Word.

Cons

Boring work, management sleeping around creating uncomfortable situations. Inappropriate IM's from management, poor raises, having to pick up the slack from co-workers having a social fest all day. Departments tend to treat other departments as rival companies by not sharing information that would help others.

Be the change you want to see. Don't just manage, lead! Don't be a friend, but at least be friendly.

On the right track and getting better each year

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dresher, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

I have been working at Ascensus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Recent comp adjustments have brought many associates in line to make our salaries competitive.

For those in the Bonus pool, the program actually pays you a bonus each year. If annual target is missed, you don't lose your entire Bonus, just a % that corresponds to how much we missed the target by.

401k Match is finally at a good rate (4%).

Generous time off and flexibility with schedule

Cons

Health Insurance. High deductible is very high, but this may just be the way health insurance is going. First $2,500 of health costs is totally out of pocket.

We have been on a great track, keep investing in recruiting and retaining talented associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Ascensus

Worked for Ascensus? Contribute to the Community!