Ascent Media

www.ascentmedia.com

Profit rules the roost but this is the corporate mantra, in most cases

ProsCutting-edge technology and equipment, good & comfortable work environment, knowledgeable & nice co-workers, unified team effort, 24-7 365 facility so there are always shifts available.

ConsCorporate higher ups are not in the trenches working alongside the frontline. If they do they are only in passing. The bean counters do not appear to be looking any further then beyond the next quarter. It appears to be all about the money & profit as opposed to the people and the services offered. Maybe the higher-ups could take pay cuts so that there wouldn't have to be layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe don't work for you, we work with you. Get out to the frontline and see what people need personally and work-wise. Stop with this whole cheaper faster bottom line approach.

4 years of fun, 4 years of hell

Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at Ascent Media

Pros: Joined the company when it was a lot smaller, two layers away from the CEO Interesting opportunities to work with global clients and international… Cons: Left the company when it was a lot bigger, promoted twice and now four layers away from CEO Many really disrepectful clients with overblown expectations (and… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people who work with the clients daily,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Experience

Editor (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ascent Media full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learned A Lot, gained vital technical experience Cons: poor work/life balance. Cold corporate environment. Advice to Senior Management: Should care more about staff's request Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ascent Media.

Worked for Ascent Media? Contribute to the Community!