Ascent Services Group

There are newer employer reviews for Ascent Services Group

Neither good nor bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ascent Services Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had to use a staffing company at my current company and Ascent was referred to me by my new manager.

Cons

They don't offer any benefits. They don't even offer FSA benefits which doesn't cost them anything to offer (other than commuter FSA, not health FSA). They don't do anything for me. I found the job on my own and my new manager connected me with Ascent as the company does not hire directly.

Offer more services.

Ascent Services Group Response

Jul 17, 2013Consultant Engagement Manager

Hello,
We do offer full benefits to our W2 consultants. Please feel free to reach out to our Consultant Engangement Management Team at CEM@ascentsg.com to discuss your benefit options.
We look
... More

23 Other Employee Reviews for Ascent Services Group (View Most Recent)

degree of niceness above average

Current Employee - Data Architect in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Data Architect in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Ascent Services Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

good logistics and misc assistance

Cons

lack of long term perspective

One of the Best San Francisco Bay Area based Services Company

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ascent Services Group

Pros

The company pays on or above par salary when compared with the market salary for a given profile and position. If you are working as an Independent Contractor then the Billing Rates are fairly decent. Also, the company has a good benefits package: Paid Vacation, Health, Dental and Fringe Benefits; which is a rarity for a Services Company.
    The Account Managers are very competent and make sure that there is an abundance of requirements when the market conditions are good.

Cons

They are not very proactive when it comes to placing their Consultants on a new project when the current project contract expires or about to expire.

The company is slowly moving from a culture of treating their Consultants as assets to a culture of treating their Consultants as disposable resources. Listen to what your Consultants are saying. Have regular pay and performance reviews, if not every six months then at least once a year.

There are newer employer reviews for Ascent Services Group