www.ascom.us
  www.ascom.us
There are newer employer reviews for Ascom

Former Employee - Procurement and Planning Manager in Lake Forest, CA
Former Employee - Procurement and Planning Manager in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Ascom full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the People that I worked with were dedicated to getting the product right and delivered on schedule. Very talented engineers who were dedicated to their product.

Cons

Ascom purchased several companies at once and the integration was very hard. Eventually there were and still are many lay-offs.

Trust the product groups to do what is best for that division. Try harder to understand the products and the market for the products that you produce.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Ascom (View Most Recent)

It is a company with good values and good management. That's why I'm still here.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ascom

Pros

Ascom is the market leader in network testing products. They produce quality products and have continuously improved both the products and the processes used to develop and support the products. Offered benefits are still good. Management has been stable.

Cons

Ascom is typically slow to change, and slow to introduce new products and features. Ascom is not very efficient at product development, although it is improving. There have been a few regrettable hires lately.

Get rid of bad apples. Keep hiring people with integrity. Keep the focus on innovation in and around our product area.

Good people poor management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ascom

Pros

Most people are genuine and care about what they do and the customers they serve.
    Good location. We are in great niche market.

Cons

The company’s senior management team is dominated by former Ericsson Employees from Sweden.These people are extremely arrogant in the face of the fact the company succeeds not because of them but despite of them. Today we cannot reliably ship products to customers or internal orders nor can we deliver product to market on time. There are cases that are so bad they could not even be made up. No senior management is held accountable. The senior management team over hires staff that have nothing to do with the core business and hires duplicate managers, then tells everyone they are in danger of being laid off because of the cost of too many employees, recruiting and management’s bonuses. They recently spent over a hundred grand to implement an open office plan that is universally despised within the organization. They have people that talk to key customer contacts or solve complex technical problems throughout the day sitting at a 4th graders desk while remote managers that are never in the office have empty private offices. Promotions are based on ones relationship to a key member of the senior management team.

Outsource, change or alter the way of working of the senior management before it’s too late. There are many hammers about to drop. One can only hope the Ascom board can see through these people when they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Ascom