Enjoyable

I worked at Ashford University

Pros

The team I was on had expecptional leadership from team leads up through my divisional manager. Great relationships and wish I could have continued working for much longer.

Cons

During shifts in the managment communications to lower level employees seemed to lack.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and promoting the right people and everything will continue to grow successfully.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It was fun while it lasted

I worked at Ashford University

Pros

Get a degree for free Good benefits Very generous starting pay Great work and life balance Great people to work with

Cons

Limited advancement unless you brown nose for years Horrible management It's a sales position but it's not. If you enroll students but have a couple of bad weeks after you can get fired

Advice to Management

Ashford has the potential to be a great place if management would understand admissions counselors situations and understand instead of telling them with job loss if you don't convince someone who doesn't want to go to school to start the following weekl.

This was an AWFUL place to work

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ashford University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Short commute since I live in North county San Diego. -Most of my co-workers were pretty cool and everybody got along. -The office was pretty nice, so was the break room area.

Cons

-High pressure sales, even though they constantly drill into you that you are NOT a sales rep; it was absolutely schizophrenic. -MAJOR favoritism. -The job was mind-numbingly dull; calling 150-200 people every day, reading the same script over and over, to people who don't want to talk to you. -You're only as good as your last sale. Even if you are (or were) consistently meeting your quota, as soon as you have a bad week, management is on your back.

Advice to Management

Make the place not such a thankless job.