Ashford University
www.ashford.edu Clinton, IA 500 to 999 Employees

Not about the student..only care about making money

Denver, CO

ProsDecent pay, free degree, and benefits

ConsAdmissions Counselors are forced to sale a degree program! They will fire you if numbers aren't being met. At first it wasn't numbers so they fired you based on "commit to mission"... they come down on you if you aren't enrolling students. You have to enroll even if the student isn't ready. You are basically manipulating students into why they need to school..no difference from selling a car..
For example, they would want you to still enroll in spite of the student's situation.. sad..
BTW... in Denver they were hiring alot of people.. many people quit less than 6 mos.. if they are still there they are miserable. even managers.. due to stress.. . i know because alot of us hate.. because the job description and what they preach is the total opposite when you get on the "floor".. Yes. I said "floor" why would any education environment have a floor... Why? because it is a call center... like telemarketers... they also are going through accreditation issues with WASC.. they were denied due to student drop out..hardly any faculty.. this school bought a Christian College and with package came the HLC regional accrediation.. meaning they didn't earn it.. it was bought with the school because it was already accredited.. so this school is full of mess.. no employee should be treated like this..

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage workers to do better...don't down them when they are not enrolling.. Management only praise AC if they enroll, but come to their cubes and bash them if they are not or if they can't push the student hard enough..

Deceptive company -- good pay but not for long.

Denver, CO

I worked at Ashford University full-time

Pros: The best part of working here was meeting a great,… Cons: The company will tell you it's not a sales job, but the environment is… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the high pressure sales meetings and speeches. Don't pressure ACs to try… More

Pressure & More Pressure

San Diego, CA

I worked at Ashford University full-time for more than a year

Pros: *Exposure to diverse co-workers & students *Great group of people to work… Cons: *Each department is completely compartmentalized and there is little interaction across departments unless you are friends with somebody in that department, this can greatly hinder… Advice to Senior Management: *Hire supervisors who are mentors *Allow those who are committed to the school to transistion positions… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ashford University.

Worked for Ashford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ashford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ashford University CEO Richard L. Pattenaude. All reviews posted anonymously by Ashford University employees.