Ashford University

There are newer employer reviews for Ashford University

Micro management

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ashford University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Light rail pass and fun downtown location

Cons

micromanagement, under qualified mgmt, poor lead distribution strategy, scheduled break.

There should just be less of you

311 Other Employee Reviews for Ashford University (View Most Recent)

Sales

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Denver, CO

I worked at Ashford University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, decent beginning pay, beautiful location

Cons

This is a sales job. The interview structure sets you up about "helping" students and doesn't properly portray the true sales aspect of what you are doing. I left a management job to take a job at Ashford University in Colorado and was unhappy pretty much from the first moment I started dealing with the actual job I was doing. I feel they misrepresented it to me.

Stop playing favorites. Look at the experience of the people you have hired and utilize it. Putting people who are good at selling education in a management role doesn't equal success.

Not about the student..only care about making money

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Denver, CO

I worked at Ashford University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, free degree, and benefits

Cons

Admissions Counselors are forced to sale a degree program! They will fire you if numbers aren't being met. At first it wasn't numbers so they fired you based on "commit to mission"... they come down on you if you aren't enrolling students. You have to enroll even if the student isn't ready. You are basically manipulating students into why they need to school..no difference from selling a car..
    For example, they would want you to still enroll in spite of the student's situation.. sad..
    BTW... in Denver they were hiring alot of people.. many people quit less than 6 mos.. if they are still there they are miserable. even managers.. due to stress.. . i know because alot of us hate.. because the job description and what they preach is the total opposite when you get on the "floor".. Yes. I said "floor" why would any education environment have a floor... Why? because it is a call center... like telemarketers... they also are going through accreditation issues with WASC.. they were denied due to student drop out..hardly any faculty.. this school bought a Christian College and with package came the HLC regional accrediation.. meaning they didn't earn it.. it was bought with the school because it was already accredited.. so this school is full of mess.. no employee should be treated like this..

Continue to encourage workers to do better...don't down them when they are not enrolling.. Management only praise AC if they enroll, but come to their cubes and bash them if they are not or if they can't push the student hard enough..

There are newer employer reviews for Ashford University