There are newer employer reviews for Ashford University

The worst experience i've ever had

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ashford University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the end of your shift and your pay check

Cons

I cant say enough about how ridiculous this immature company is. first of all they coned me into quickly leaving my job of 3 years to come be apart of training (which is still apart of the hiring process because fyi you have to pass an assesement at the end of training in order to continue with the company) that i supposedly would have missed come to find out there was another training class right after mine. and then lay me and 400+ people off 5 months later with out explanation other then it was based on our start date. they are a joke and lie like dogs I don't know what went wrong but they made it seem like they wanted us to be employed there for years and years and wanted to figure out why people just up and leave after 2 months of working there. ITS BECAUSE YOUR COMPANY IS AS MATURE AS A 3RD GRADE RECESS PLAY GROUND....... DON'T GET ME WRONG their school is actual quality just behind the scenes is the nightmare. There is no quota but people run around like there is. I've never seen people get written up so fast in my life within 5 months or less people were written up and basically because they weren't performing, aka enrolling enough students.... but keep in mind there is no quota! the managers are immature and disrespect their team they wont teach or show you anything they expect you to know everything after training... when all training was was 3 weeks of what not to say on the phone. they just simply don't know what they are doing where they are going or what they need. they are a terrible mess and have ruined peoples lives

NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO BE MANAGER you need to train them so they can train their "teams"

295 Other Employee Reviews for Ashford University (View Most Recent)

Out of Enrollment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Ashford University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a great place to work once you finish your time in the enrollment department. I was happier than can be just about everyday at work. The department I was truly great! Great co-worker! And NO MICRO-managing!

Cons

The management is very young and inexperienced but they do their best, and its sad but politics to play a role in promotions.

Promote those who do the work not those who socialize with you after work

sales.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Denver, CO

I worked at Ashford University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

hourly wage. people that work there, and the mutual outlook on work/life balance. it's located downtown. they occasionally provide refreshments and sweets.

Cons

benefits are just ok. management regurgitates inconsistent information, and they often won't give you a direct answer. it's often hot, as they don't really use air conditioning.

There are newer employer reviews for Ashford University