Ashford University

www.ashford.edu

Admissions is a rough gig, but so is any sales job

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI find that far too many people on these sites are complaining about the way that they were treated as an Admissions Counselor at Ashford, when the truth of the matter is this is a sales job. You can try to sugar coat it anyway you like, but in the end of the day, you are slanging degrees over the phone. And that's ok. And if you suck at this job, then maybe you should have been fired and should go do something else, because they pay you to enroll students. All told, if you bust your butt, this is a good job. Free gym onsite, cafeteria onsite. Good hours, very few weekends (only during peak seasons like August and January).

ConsParking at the Sunroad location sucks. If you get there after 830am, you may be walking for a mile from wherever you end up finding parking in the surrounding community/business area.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Quit keeping employees so in the dark, the information gets out anyway, and then it creates a distrustful relationship.

Decent Company, Below Market Rate

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ashford University as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros: Company is organized, has set parameters on what is expected… Cons: Contracts are not guaranteed. Some months you get an assignment,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Shady

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Ashford University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Easy to make friends, on-site cafeteria and gym facilities, transferring to other departments is easy. Tuition free education for those who want… Cons: Managers acting holier than thou, micromanaging instead of managing, promotion is a joke. Questionable practices in certain departments. Admissions counselors make more money than… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together and listen to your employees! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ashford University.

Worked for Ashford University? Contribute to the Community!