Ashford University

www.ashford.edu

Great Place to Work if You are not in Admissions

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsIf you do not work in admissions you will definitely feel like everyone is there to support you. You will also have a wide ability to transfer and get free school. The pay is good and the benefits are decent.

ConsIf you are in admissions you are the hardest working part of the company and often feel the least valued. Now I worked there in 2012 right before the massive layoffs and restructuring. They've done a lot of changes to try to tip the scales in their bid for WASC accreditation. I hear some more negative things have been added to the admissions counselor job but starting off at 18 an hour is better then most people would typically make.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can still be goal oriented without focusing on metrics for performance. Happy workers draw in more students then admissions counselors who are trying to keep their managers happy and out of their cube. Happy Managers better manager their ACs when they do not need to worry about being called into their directors office and reamed out. A lot of the old staff who have made it to DVP or Director are actually part of the problem. They cling to the old ways and only embrace change until the numbers are bad and they are getting reamed.

Re olving Door

Admission Counselor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ashford University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people to work with Cons: Everything!!! This is a s am like the bousing one few years ago. Stop lying to prospect students andget them in debth… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to manage No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very bad place to work for!

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) Clinton, IA

I worked at Ashford University part-time for less than a year

Pros: A certain amount of flexibility in online teaching, but that… Cons: No true support from this company; lack of any real orientation and training; administration is a joke, as there are no real administrators - just… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to college, get some real experience teaching in a physical classroom before offering any advice or supervision to those who have real teaching… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ashford University.

Worked for Ashford University? Contribute to the Community!