Ashford University
ashford.edu San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ashford University is A Great School

University Advisor (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ashford University full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Benefits and Salary. Highest starting salary in San Diego for sure. Free education, great work environment, no micro managing. Work hard and you get rewarded. All the people who write reviews saying Admissions counselors lie to students are lying themselves. Employees who lie to students or do anything dishonest are walked out imediately. Students who are not eligible to go to school are denied admission period.

ConsDisgruntled employees who lie about the schools practices. Wasc accreditation is nerve wracking. I don't want to move to Denver.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the massive layoffs, Don't hire so many people that don't work out. Keep improving and don't let processes hang up the student progression process.

Enrollment/University Advisor -Worst Job Ever!!!

Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Ashford University full-time for less than a year

Pros: Pay. The recruiters will recruit you and tell you a bunch of lies to make this sound like the best job by offering you… Cons: Everything, no matter of pay is worth taking this job, don't do it. They will tell you you get to work from home 2 days… Advice to Senior Management: Tell the truth about the job when you are hiring, it only hurts your retention and reputation.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Morals & Ethics questioned

Student Advisor (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Ashford University full-time for more than a year

Pros: nice office, paid transportation, good benefits, fair pay Cons: leadership that has the attitude "do as I say, not as I do". Too many managers and leads for such small teams. Not enough focus… Advice to Senior Management: Promote people who have experience and don't play favorites. I had a lead tell me that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ashford University.

Worked for Ashford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ashford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ashford University CEO Richard L. Pattenaude. All reviews posted anonymously by Ashford University employees.