Ashford University

There are newer employer reviews for Ashford University

Great people, tough job.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Ashford University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will make friends for life working at this company. They hire amazing people.

Cons

It's a job with very high demands and this stresses a lot of people out.

Care more about the people and less about the numbers. The numbers will come if you care more.

304 Other Employee Reviews for Ashford University (View Most Recent)

Disloyal Company

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Ashford University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers and tuition benefits. There are some amazing people at this company. I initially went through three managers in six months before one was able to stick around. The fourth manager was stellar. He is why I stuck around as long as I did but they are few and far between.

Cons

They do not think twice about getting rid of talented, reliable people. Instead they will hire in a new batch, provide them with the same ineffective training and expect different results. A majority of my coworkers were unhappy on a daily basis and shared my fear that on any given day we could walk in and be fired. Be prepared to use slimy sales techniques to get students to enroll or you will not be around for long.

Invest in your people! In any relationship, including professional, you eventually see character defects in people So to get rid of people when their defects are revealed is a vicious cycle and not good for business. It is inevitable. Continue to mentor and train people don't just replace people.

monotonous work

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ashford University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay, fun people, good coffee, professional work environment, continual training, lots of overtime.

Cons

Same thing over and over again, very difficult job, people who were good used shady enrollment techniques that do not reflect the universities value on ethics.

I think management does a good job of trying to continually train employees. Its a hard job mentally so you just need to be prepared. Its tough to get a job so its definitely a viable choose.

There are newer employer reviews for Ashford University