Ashland

www.ashland.com
  www.ashland.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ashland

Ashland is a wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Paralegal in Covington, KY
Current Employee - Paralegal in Covington, KY

I have been working at Ashland full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ashland's people are the core of the company and you can't ask for more professionalism or support.

Cons

Can't think of any other than some of the benefit package could be better.

Keep it up - this company is fantastic!

102 Other Employee Reviews for Ashland (View Most Recent)

Good but relatively slow company

Former Employee - Global Marketing Intern in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Global Marketing Intern in Dublin, OH

I worked at Ashland as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

good team atmosphere and good work life balance

Cons

Slow in decision making and slow in technology uodates

More decisive and keep up with the decision making process

Great company if you don't mind not having a life

Former Employee - Account Manager in Stevens Point, WI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Stevens Point, WI

I worked at Ashland full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most people are fun to work with and I got to have a large variety in my routine from working with people to lab analysis to turning a wrench fixing equipment.

Cons

I was criticized and looked down on for taking time for doctors appointments while managing through some serious health issues. They say that family and your health comes first with one breath, but in the second breath required 70-80 hour work weeks for about 6 months straight, making me cancel planned (communicated several months in advance) vacations, missing family christmas/thanksgivings, etc. While I know this type of stuff varies highly based on who your management chain is, I find it disgraceful that any company would keep a manager that treated me the way they did. While going through a feat with cancer, you'd think they'd be more helpful and supportive of a lightened work load and making sure I would be able to spend time with family while you can, as opposed to telling you not to leave town, asking you to move doctor appointments, and asking why you don't have more work done.

Before this scenario I had a passion for how great the company was that I had a privilege to work for, but what has transpired in the last 12 months has left me with nothing but disdain and contempt for such a company.

-Treat your team members the way you would hope to be treated if you were in their shoes.
    -Some things happen, but try to be respectful and supportive of having some type of a life outside of work
    -If your employee is hitting sales targets and their customers are happy, just let them do their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Ashland