Ashland
www.ashland.com Covington, KY 5000+ Employees

Learned alot

IT DSSM Co-OP (Former Employee)
Lexington, KY

ProsAshland is a great place to co-op with they have very good relations with the local universities. I was hired with little to no exsperence and allowed to absorb as much knowledge as i could get my hands on.

ConsIf you are not accustom to working in a cube 8 hours a day Ashland is not for you. There was no oppertunity to move into a full time position after co-op however this was mostly due to econmy down fall at that time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMgmt needs to be clearer about terms of employment with co-ops. I ran up against a 6 term limit that was not disclosed when i began working.

Great place to work locally, not a great company overall.

Production Manager (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I have been working at Ashland

Pros: Great local management structure Good pay Good benifits Decent recognition of accomplishments A good… Cons: Poor HR support Poor IT support Total lack of direction with upper management Again, a good place to work on the local level, but upper management leaves alot… Advice to Senior Management: Need to work on finding a consistant direction. Goals are constantly met, but not because of the structure in place. Management needs to recognize the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lexington, KY

I worked at Ashland

Pros: Great people to work with, and doing all they can to stay in… Cons: Large corporation with somewhat dysfunctional decision making Decent communication through the… Advice to Senior Management: Balance the needs of the business with the needs of employees. Communicate where you're going and provide information. It's tough right now… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ashland.

Worked for Ashland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ashland reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ashland CEO Jim O'Brien Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Ashland employees.