Ashley Furniture Homestore

www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com
  www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ashley Furniture Homestore

Depending on manager will determine your experience

Former Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Ashley Furniture Homestore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Had a wonderful sales manager and team. Made really good money and excellent benefits and employee discounts on furniture.

Cons

I was only there for a little over 1 year and I went through 4 Store Managers. Definitely some racism and politics going on. What a shame! I probably would still be there if it wasn't for the last manager. He was one arrogant guy who picked sides all the time. Oh well!!! On to the next....

You fire the good managers and you keep the sorry ones!!! Quit changing the compensation plan. Geez....

79 Other Employee Reviews for Ashley Furniture Homestore (View Most Recent)

I wouldn't work here again!!!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Horseheads, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Horseheads, NY

I worked at Ashley Furniture Homestore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are the only reason I stayed as long as I did. They were my family away from my family

Cons

Corporate. They give u ridiculous goals and if u don't meet them they fire u instantly. Goals are needed to keep employees hungry and not become complacent but they need to be realistic attainable goals. However theirs were not and they made their goals based on what the company needs to make in order for them to pay their bills and make a profit. They treat employees like dollar signs instead of people. You are disposable and a dime a dozen. They are constantly micro managing their staff and sales team is paid 100% commission. Must budget wisely or else u are broke!!!

Happy employees are productive employees. Treat your staff as people instead of dollar signs and Ashley could be the best place to work. Otherwise all your gonna get is a high turn over rate when people realize what they only really are to you...tools to make the owners richer!!!!

Horrible place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I worked at Ashley Furniture Homestore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pro's were that the co-workers were a delightful group to be around- great personalities among fellow sales associates.

Cons

Corporate big wigs view all lower level employees as being completely dispensable. Commission base is low in comparison to average industry wages, and the hours are not family friendly. Also, this industry is very age discriminatory- this is a good job for older women and men, but not ideal for young women.

Place a little more value in each employee, and lighten up on the outrageous sales quotas each month. Be a little more lenient with people who need to take off work for their children's first football game, school play, etc... Family is more important! However, in my experience while working for Ashley Furniture Home store, if anyone try's to request off for a special occasion they are immediately blacklisted.

There are newer employer reviews for Ashley Furniture Homestore