There are newer employer reviews for Asiana Airlines

They say top quality service in reality it's a lot of smokes and mirrors.

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY
Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Asiana Airlines part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The biggest benefit that comes with working for Asiana Airlines is dealing with a wide variety of people. You meet a lot of people as you work at JFK Terminal 4. From TSA Security Agents, and other airline personnel, you get to meet a lot of people.

The airline teaches you to deal with a lot of different passengers and other people. Working as a Passenger service agent really taught me a lot on improving on people skills. This job was rewarding because I got to meet a lot of wonderful people.

Cons

The cons are that you are working with a bunch of Korean people who are used to the Korean work force mentality. The Korean company work force mentality is "work and no complain"... in other words, you do what you're told and you don't say a word about it. The company has no way to file a grievance and violates overtime policies. When I was relieved, I had absolutely no way on filing a grievance. I was simply handed a letter, with no way to voice my opinions.

The management at the JFK office are almost all corrupted and unfriendly. The company may teach our agents to "give top quality service" but in reality, that the management at JFK does not abide by the company guidelines for providing top quality service. To make themselves and their work environment more comfortable, they give up on providing quality service to our passengers.

Although I found working at the airline to be a pleasure (because of some coworkers), I felt that I was in prison for most of the time I was here.

You really need to look at who ACTUALLY does their work and who REALLY tries to satisfy the passengers. Just because someone had a conflict with another employee because they wanted to provide a passenger with high quality service is not ground for them to be relieved of their duties.

The reason why SO MANY employees resign is BECAUSE the management at JFK treats us like garbage. The JFK office are complete hypocrites to the company morals and policies.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Asiana Airlines (View Most Recent)

5 Star Airlines by SKYTRAX, not a 5 Star Airline from Employee's Point of View

Current Employee - Manager in Seoul (South Korea)
    Current Employee - Manager in Seoul (South Korea)

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

* Near free travel, business trips do not get offloaded.
    * Flight and cabin crews get paid much more than the local economy compared to ground staffs.
    * Holidays, sick leaves, emergency leaves etc. are good. (Get at least 22 days off a year)
    * Job is pretty straight forward, team cooperation, good peoples, lots of boozing & partying.

Cons

* Old fashioned, unwilling to innovate and very bureaucratic management.
    * Employees paid very low nearly similar to LCC. Instead you get overload of work and responsibilities..
    * What you accomplish after hard work will not be your accomplishment. (Company Culture)
    * Apart from airports and crews, you don't get overpaid for overwork.
    * Everything about you is decided by your team/station manager. Holidays, extra-work etc.
    * Foreign employees do not get support for accomodation, transportation etc.
    * The company will never be equal to Korean Air's standards. (almost on every aspects)
    * Job circulation will get distracted by your team boss even though you make accomplishment. HR is decided not by
      your performance but how your boss thinks about you. Very very illogical and stupid.

* Mandatory job circulation should be made within 2~3 years span without the team bosses' decision.
    * Employees should be paid more equal to cabin crews.
    * Team managers should not be the central decision maker on every aspects for the employee.
    * Company should be more performance based not, team boss's personal feelings about you.

It will be better soon enough

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time

Pros

stable support for the airline operation in whole

Cons

need more monetary compensation for employees

There are newer employer reviews for Asiana Airlines