Asiana Airlines

www.asiana.co.kr
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Asiana Airlines

They say top quality service in reality it's a lot of smokes and mirrors.

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY
Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Asiana Airlines part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The biggest benefit that comes with working for Asiana Airlines is dealing with a wide variety of people. You meet a lot of people as you work at JFK Terminal 4. From TSA Security Agents, and other airline personnel, you get to meet a lot of people.

The airline teaches you to deal with a lot of different passengers and other people. Working as a Passenger service agent really taught me a lot on improving on people skills. This job was rewarding because I got to meet a lot of wonderful people.

Cons

The cons are that you are working with a bunch of Korean people who are used to the Korean work force mentality. The Korean company work force mentality is "work and no complain"... in other words, you do what you're told and you don't say a word about it. The company has no way to file a grievance and violates overtime policies. When I was relieved, I had absolutely no way on filing a grievance. I was simply handed a letter, with no way to voice my opinions.

The management at the JFK office are almost all corrupted and unfriendly. The company may teach our agents to "give top quality service" but in reality, that the management at JFK does not abide by the company guidelines for providing top quality service. To make themselves and their work environment more comfortable, they give up on providing quality service to our passengers.

Although I found working at the airline to be a pleasure (because of some coworkers), I felt that I was in prison for most of the time I was here.

You really need to look at who ACTUALLY does their work and who REALLY tries to satisfy the passengers. Just because someone had a conflict with another employee because they wanted to provide a passenger with high quality service is not ground for them to be relieved of their duties.

The reason why SO MANY employees resign is BECAUSE the management at JFK treats us like garbage. The JFK office are complete hypocrites to the company morals and policies.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Asiana Airlines (View Most Recent)

Asiana to overseas crew

Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Seoul (South Korea)
    Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Seoul (South Korea)

I have been working at Asiana Airlines

Pros

You can travel the world

Cons

You're out of places we are not prioritized, always alone, luckily if i had a chance to flight with your batch mate

Please consider also overseas crew

Good people but over work load and no chance of promotions or salary raises

Former Employee - Loadmaster in Sfolianá (Greece)
    Former Employee - Loadmaster in Sfolianá (Greece)

I worked at Asiana Airlines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work and your resume will look good however its the same thing over and over with more rules and regulations all the time.

Cons

Bad hours delays, low pay no promotions and home staff are always first USA staff are nothing. Work load is always increased plus responsibilities are high with no chance to ever move forward. If you want a future steer clear from Asiana Airlines.

If you want employees to stay don't be selfish take care of them and give them a chance to excel with some benefits. I was there 4 years and 14 people quit with because of all the crap at SFO.

There are newer employer reviews for Asiana Airlines