Ask.com

ask.com

Great Environment, Opportunity for Growth and Smart People

Senior Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsI didn't know how I great I had it here or I would have never left! The environment can't be beat and is extremely creative and energetic, while also casual. The people are very smart and there is plenty of growth opportunity for those who stick around and prove themselves.

ConsThey seem to repeat similar cycles every three months and every year, which can get a little tiresome (haven't we been there, done that before)? It also can be a bit depressing to be such an underdog.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes the management they introduce can be a bit erratic and off mark, but overall a great place to work and great visionaries in leadership. The key will be to stick to a long term strategy that works for growth.

Googled

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

I have been working at Ask.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: There are a lot of good smart creative people at Ask which makes work in general a lot easier and fun. The site still gets… Cons: The company is marketing driven, reflecting its owner Barry Diller's personality - he is no tech guru. So engineers are made to feel like second… Advice to Senior Management: A different meaning to the term "googled." Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Better than many other companies

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

I have been working at Ask.com full-time

Pros: - Nice people and fun to work with. - Flexible working hours. Nobody is checking on… Cons: - Long review cycles (once a year). - Low referral bonus. -… Advice to Senior Management: The company needs some clean-up to get rid of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ask.com.

Worked for Ask.com? Contribute to the Community!