Ask.com

There are newer employer reviews for Ask.com

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Engineer in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Ask.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO, free great snacks, lots of accessible cheap food in nearby Chinatown, great laid-back atmosphere.

Cons

Not sure how sustainable the business will remain. But management has been trying to make changes that will hopefully improve our product.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Ask.com (View Most Recent)

Overall A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Ask.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Let’s face it there is no perfect company but Ask is a really fun company to work for. Sure we have our problems but all companies do. I enjoy our official “no PTO” policy and free snack. The company is open, transparent and small enough that I have a voice, by this I mean I can speak directly with “C” level people and they actually listen to my ideas. Also we are a family. People at Ask generally look out for one another.

Exciting times are ahead for the company as we are in the process of rediscovering who we are and who we want to be in the Internet space. I enjoy coming to work everyday because of this and especially because of the talented and passionate people I am lucky to work with.

Cons

The office space could use a redesign. Also some teams are crammed into pretty tight work areas. Additionally there is a serious shortage of meeting spaces, finding a place to hold meetings is tough if not impossible at times.

Ask has a lot of longtime employees which is both good and bad, some are fantastic and still passionate about the brand while others disengaged and carry their past baggage with them.

Ask has hired many talented people over the past few years. Perhaps now is the time to give these people the chance to take on leadership roles instead of shifting the same 10 people around in different leadership roles.

Growth potential, interesting challenges, and the power to make a difference

Current Employee - Department Head in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Department Head in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Ask.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ask is the perfect sized company. Ask has great revenue, tons of traffic and data and an established brand. I feel like I have the power to influence substantial change at Ask while having the security and quality of life that startups can't offer.

Cons

Working at Ask.com will not impress your tech friends. It's not glamorous like a startup, it's not massive like Google. Space is a little tight in the office as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Ask.com