Ask.com

ask.com

A small company environment with big company talent & resources

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsAmazing, intelligent co-workers. Management that listens and goes to bat for you. Lots of new energy and potential. Willingness to try out new ideas and experiment.

ConsLong legacy of ups and downs. Disillusionment amongst veteran employees. A very volatile space to work in with a lot of risk in the market. Follow through on new ideas and experiments still unknown, many ideas in the past were shelved without trying them out.

Advice to Senior ManagementExplore as many truly new ideas as possible and give employees the resources they need to iterate quickly, test publicly, and fail spectacularly. It's not all about general search any more.

Management with ADD

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

I have been working at Ask.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: People are nice, unlimited PTO policy, easy commute with BART,… Cons: Atmosphere not what it used to be. Two years ago there were no politics or finger pointing, now it's raging. Complete lack of… Advice to Senior Management: Get a plan, explain it clearly to the employees, and stick to it.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The best place to work in the tech industry

I have been working at Ask.com full-time

Pros: A true meritocracy. Very little politics. Great opportunities to grow if… Cons: Office is old and dated. Advice to Senior Management: Keep on the current path with investing in the product… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ask.com.

Worked for Ask.com? Contribute to the Community!