Aspen Dental

There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Dental

for first 8 years rewarding, but now company has gone down hill

Former Employee - Dental Lab Technician in Syracuse, NY
Former Employee - Dental Lab Technician in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Can not think of any since new management and company policies have been implemented. New business model has resulted in nation wide layoffs.

Cons

The company grew too fast and is no longer looking out for it's employees, customers or their best interests. They are too focused on opening new offices and increasing revenue and profits.

Be more involved in day to day operations of departments and offices. Stop letting your loyal, dedicated employees be treated poorly. Realize when long term employees are let go or quit all their experience and knowledge they shared with other employees does also.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Aspen Dental (View Most Recent)

High Stress, Very low pay.

Current Employee - PSR
    Current Employee - PSR

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy the people I work with in my office, everyone is really nice and I feel they take the proper time and care with the patients, you can tell everyone in the office wants to do their best for the patients.

Cons

They need to figure "it" out. When you're turn over rate is so high you have to start thinking about what you're doing wrong not the employees. I have only been with this company for a couple of months and I usually try to give every job at least two years, after my first month I started looking for a new job. This company is very disorganized ( it took over a month and a half to get my first paycheck and I was informed several times that this was standard, when I finally took it upon myself to call HR they had never heard of me) and they do not provide enough training to office staff. Management claims to be "team players" but when it comes down to it, it's every man for themselves and you constantly feel their lack of support in your development. They expect a lot out of their PSRs but fail to provide proper tools for the job. When I first started I was excited but that feeling quickly waned and I can only hope to find something else quickly.

Be more supportive of your employees and pay them according to your expectations.
     Re-evaluate your managers (including regional) and make sure they have proper leadership qualities.

Great for being right out of school, but not a "forever" job.

Former Employee - Dental Assistant
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great for gaining a lot of experience in the dental field, in a very short amount of time, good benefits.

Cons

Very low pay, high turn over rate, frequently understaffed, overly crammed schedule compromises quality, and long waits for patients. Dentists are often working on four patients at a time, with one assistant working, when their should be atleast two. Late and very long hours.

Even with the best management in the world, it's just the way the corporation is, in general. Even though they claim their mission is all about the patients, it's all about the numbers and the money for them.

There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Dental