There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Dental

current employee for less than a year

I have been working at Aspen Dental

Pros

the people I work with and the patients

Cons

workload never get a break

reviews filtered by

Aweful!!!! I was there 3 months...training was good but then got put into a joke of an office!!! Stay away!!!!

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Weekends off and day shift

Cons

Aspen runs its office with only one thing in mind....more money....they rape people when they r vulnerable and make them do things that aren't needed.....

High volume, pressure, pressure, pressure to produce and low pay employees.

I worked at Aspen Dental part-time

Pros

Paycheck but it's low and management supposed to look after the business side but they don't.

Cons

High volume and the bonus system is pathetic and a way of keeping the wages down. It's all about money and endless mottos to please the patient but that's impossible with 8 production patients, 10 new patients and 20 overflow patients a day. It's inevitable that patients are kept waiting and get upset. The office managers are under huge pressure to produce and so the turnover is ridiculously high. I believe the staff turnover at Aspen is 40%. I've seen happier employees at Starbucks and Panera bread.
    They work everyone ridiculously hard and I'm sure they would like to open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Advice to Management

They know what's going on so there isn't much to say. This company is relying on a market of patients who have missed the boat dentally and insurance wise due to "life" issues and also on employees in a similar situation due to the current economy. The morale in these places is low and they don't listen to feedback from doctors or staff. I would not trust the management. Its the typical 2 cows analogy. "You have 2 cows, you sell one and force the other to produce the milk of 4 cows. When it drops dead you hire consultants to work out what went wrong."

There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Dental