There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental is always evolving!

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time

Pros

Great patient care in most offices! Great Benefits and opportunity to grow if desired. Good vision placed by upper management.

Cons

Work/life balance, long hours. Never able to please middle management. Very little appreciation for job well done. A lot of stress on office managers.

Advice to Management

Upper management has great ideals, the struggle is getting middle management to comply and hold others accountable for their actions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's not about the patient, it's about how much money they can make off the patient.

Current Employee - Practice Sales Operations Manager in Chesterfield, MI
    Current Employee - Practice Sales Operations Manager in Chesterfield, MI

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn everything you can so you can take that experience to your next job!

Cons

Everything! They only care about making money, they don't care about the patients or the employees

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you care about them, stop the politics!

Over worked, unappreciated and underpaid

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wouldn't even trust them to do my "free dental" I was offered in my "Benefits". Too many pt's needing re-do fillings constantly. Countless remakes on all dentures.

Cons

Being stuck with a jerk DA who bullies you and the OM does nothing about it, "well let me speak with her", yeah, nothing ever happened. Nothing but a bunch of childish jerks who made a grown adult cry on her lunch breaks. Overtime being cut left and right bringing you in under 40 hrs a week, however because of all the cut OT, I had to do twice the work when I was there. The NP, Overflow schedule is beyond atrocious. NP always full plus a NP Forced into OverFlow AM and PM. As well as constant double booked Overflow chair. The PSR is always cranky, because she too, relied on this job, always walking on eggshells because you don't know who's in a bad mood that day…. Then top it off with the Dr. over ruling the LabTechs schedule, causing them to get mad at you and turn you in! And what does the dr. say "I'm MCD what I say goes". OK well tell your LabTech to lose the attitude with me. I'm doing what you told me to do! We had 4 OM in the matter of 2-3 years, countless PSR's, and too many DA's to count… Also, we were told "YAY WE ARE GETTING OUR BONUS" Payday rolls around. Then we have a 'huddle', and we missed it by .8%. WOW. I feel bad for the Patients. I stayed faithful till my last day. When it was time to clock out I waved goodbye nd left on good terms. But I'll never go back again.

Advice to Management

Chill out wit the micromanagement. Listen to us. You lost a great employee who understands metrics and Production. I 'get' the percentages we needed. I would have stayed if you listened to my heart wrenching cries as to why your letting other employees get away with bloody murder! I was committed to you and your company. I floated to other offices (4 in total) and each one was more messed up than the last. When you tell a pt a price and they're crying to you, you just say to contact pt sat? NO, make that pt. happy right then and there!