A place where the demand for outstanding talent matches the demand for an outstanding company culture.

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is not your "normal" work place.

Aspen Heights offers an extremely dynamic work environment. It's a newer company (founded in '06), so a commitment to constant improvement contributes to an employee's ability to constantly contribute to the direction of the company. Oftentimes the question isn't, "Why?" It's, "Why not?"

Every day offers something new and/or different as you work alongside some of the most energetic, creative and passionate people in the work force. Leadership, especially the company president, has done an excellent job in truly listening to the feedback of its team members to make key decisions that impact the entire organization, making AH one of the most innovative companies in its industry.

Additionally, Aspen Heights is committed to development - your personal and professional development as an A+ player as well as within communities locally and abroad. If philanthropy is important to you, you'll appreciate the work the company does in Africa and the service projects they support at their different sites.

Overall, this is a great place to work where you'll feel your work is meaningful and not just another day job.

Cons

As others have said, the company is growing quickly. This means it's working out the creation of systems and processes for a variety of departments to guarantee consistency. Aspen Heights is fast paced and may not always have the structure for those who need it. It's a company where you may be given goals and little direction, so you will need to ask questions about expectations and work with your counterparts to figure out the way to get there. It's a place for flexible, self-motivated individuals.

Continue to listen to team members' feedback and actively provide clear expectations for projects.

Other Reviews for Aspen Heights

It's not just Kool Aid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time for more than a year

Pros

- AH is and has been growing, which naturally lends to a more upbeat environment, especially in recent years. Additionally, the executive team places a high value on culture and recruiting people that really mesh with and add to the positive culture of the company

- The corporate team really seems to care about the offsite teams, something that seems to be less common in other companies that have "franchises" so to speak

- Lots of opportunity for growth - I've had 3 promotions in the 2 years I've worked here

- Good people - I'd hang out with these people outside of work

- Highly collaborative - Many of the teams and projects work across departments

- Creative thinking - AH really wants to bring fresh ideas to an industry where this is uncommon. It's refreshing and creative ideas are encouraged and acted on. Many of our competitors just flat out copy us.

Cons

- Rapid growth often outstrips resources, and processes are outgrown on a seemingly annual basis. There needs to be significant effort at times just to execute core tasks

- From my last point, many people wear different hats. The JD you came on board with it likely out of date by the time you're reading this. High levels of flexibility are required.

- Quite frankly, the property management side of the business can be a difference experience for those employees, as they are the most customer facing. They deal with difficult and unreasonable customers and situations at times, and I know they can feel isolated. We can't celebrate them enough.

- Staff up so you can build a platform to support the growth, because the sky's the limit as real estate enters a recovery

Proud to work for this company and the teams that I serve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Young, energetic company
    - Lots of growth potential now and for the foreseeable future