Aspen Heights

www.myaspenheights.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Heights

I enjoy every day of work

Current Employee - General Manager in Auburn, AL
Current Employee - General Manager in Auburn, AL

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This young, vibrate company, makes coming to work a breath of fresh air. From day one, everyone i have come in contact with has brightened my day challeged who I am as a leader and worker. It has been great to be on the front side of development of processes and seeing this young company grow.

Cons

Being that it is a newer company, many processes and procedures are still being developed. Great strides are being made to get these in place.

Keep pace of growing and shaping!

31 Other Employee Reviews for Aspen Heights (View Most Recent)

It's not just Kool Aid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- AH is and has been growing, which naturally lends to a more upbeat environment, especially in recent years. Additionally, the executive team places a high value on culture and recruiting people that really mesh with and add to the positive culture of the company

- The corporate team really seems to care about the offsite teams, something that seems to be less common in other companies that have "franchises" so to speak

- Lots of opportunity for growth - I've had 3 promotions in the 2 years I've worked here

- Good people - I'd hang out with these people outside of work

- Highly collaborative - Many of the teams and projects work across departments

- Creative thinking - AH really wants to bring fresh ideas to an industry where this is uncommon. It's refreshing and creative ideas are encouraged and acted on. Many of our competitors just flat out copy us.

Cons

- Rapid growth often outstrips resources, and processes are outgrown on a seemingly annual basis. There needs to be significant effort at times just to execute core tasks

- From my last point, many people wear different hats. The JD you came on board with it likely out of date by the time you're reading this. High levels of flexibility are required.

- Quite frankly, the property management side of the business can be a difference experience for those employees, as they are the most customer facing. They deal with difficult and unreasonable customers and situations at times, and I know they can feel isolated. We can't celebrate them enough.

- Staff up so you can build a platform to support the growth, because the sky's the limit as real estate enters a recovery

Proud to work for this company and the teams that I serve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Young, energetic company
    - Lots of growth potential now and for the foreseeable future
    - People who deserve promotions receive it
    - Opportunities occur for coaching & employee development
    - Great package for holidays and PTO
    - Lots of opportunities to suggest new ideas and lead projects
    - Understands that often great ideas are outside of our industry
    - A lot of cross-department projects occur
    - Leadership realizes that we must constantly realign & revisit our set company goals
    - Values based company
    - Detailed recruitment process
    - Company is constantly looking for feedback - matching rhetoric vs. reality
    - I feel that the staff is valued and considered a customer just like our residents, etc.

Cons

- Not everyone can work in a flexible environment that isn't 100% structured
    - Young company that is still trying to identify best practices in some areas (but the good thing is that we're always looking).
    - Not everyone can move to another state in order to move up (since we aren't that big of a company right now). However, as we continue to expand - more opportunities closer to home will come up.

Consider semi-annual bonuses vs. annual bonuses.

There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Heights