There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Heights

Nepotic and ineffective leadership destroying the hard work passionate people imbue 24/7

Current Employee - Middle Management in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Middle Management in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some great people, inspirations, movers and shakers that put their all into the org.
Relative freedom, depending on your manager, to work and be as productive in your own conducive environment.

Cons

The cultural dream that is spoon fed to us from day one is a lie. I'll add the caveat that the leadership team means well, but the execution makes a mockery of and, in some cases, renders the entire cultural goals and missions of Aspen Heights as pure fabrication. Bad planning, disorganized and disparate teams plagued this years goals and it was only the hard work of the passionate who managed to get things done - ELT leadership before, during and after was abysmal. Even going so far as to bring on a Chief Leadership Officer to address many problems which ended up throwing mountains of resentment up at his rapid and unannounced introduction. It doesn't have to be like this, but the ELT is stuck in a "start-up" frame of mind where they think they need to manage everything.

1. Listen. I mean really listen. Put down the email from the investor and listen to your employees. Especially those middle managers that have their fingers on the pulse of your org.
2. Do everything you can to negate the impression of the nepotic ELT working in dark and smokey rooms to fix things, when solutions can be solicited from your middle managers - those that see things you can't.
3. Don't lie about the culture when we cannot deliver on those promises yet expect staff to do the same. That might be an attainable goal for the future, but we shouldn't be fraudulent when we bring new hires on and feed them a line that is blatantly false.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Aspen Heights (View Most Recent)

Does NOT live up to the hype - adjust your expectations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some great people, young fun company, good work-life balance, flexible, casual, always new opportunities

Cons

pay and beneftis are mediocre, time off is downright bad, departments seem more like competitors sometimes than part of the same company

Wake the hell up. Do you actually think about some of these decisions you make? Really?

I love the culture at Aspen Heights.

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have loved my experience of working at Aspen Heights. In the recruiting process, they focus first on hiring people who will fit into the culture, which I would describe to be fun, laid-back, and self-motivated. I really appreciate this, as the culture of Aspen Heights is one of my favorite parts of working here.

Cons

Since Aspen Heights is transitioning from a small company to a mid size company, there are some growing pains involved. However, I feel that upper level management is taking great strides to deal with these challenges and anticipate the future needs of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Heights