There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Heights

Endless opportunities to grow!

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is like no other. You always feel like you're a part of the family and that your voice is heard. There is never a dull day at work - the opportunities are endless and the environment is fun.

Cons

Because the company is still growing, things are constantly changing and it's important to be able to learn new systems and processes quickly.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Aspen Heights (View Most Recent)

An HONEST review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture here is great. The work-family balance is great for my specific position, but some other aren't so lucky. I enjoy my work to the extent I am able to do my work. Laid back atmosphere is great.

Cons

Most of the employees writing reviews on Glassdoor are employees that work at specific sites as Leasing Managers, Concierges LAMAs, etc.. They don't see the real Aspen Heights corporate structure. Don't be fooled by those reviews. The truth is that this company is a mess. The upper management (ELT) knows very little about what project management, as a whole, is all about. They don't truly understand development, construction, or Operations. Moreover, they hire professionals with experience but don't listen to their wisdom. They continuously preach about DNA and great values, but do not honor those values. "Constant Improvement" is one we always here, but when ideas are brought forth from experience, they are pushed aside. There are favorite 'young' individuals that are favored by the CEO; thus, they are given promotions, even though those individuals are the root of the problems with over-budget projects over the past three years. It's Inexperience and having a Big Ego. This company is going down fast because they (ELT) does not truly care to understand everything involved in the business. They hire the professionals to do the jobs, but don't listen to them. They have ridden on a high wave the last few years that is about to reach the sandy beach and crash, unless they make some serious changes fast. Also, this company is not the most honest company. They choose to deliberately not pay consultants and constructors when they run into problems, such as not going forward with a project, or going over-budget on a construction project. Beware if you fall into this category. Do we not pay our doctors when they do not cure us from cancer?

Loose the egos and listen to the professionals you hire. Quit promoting people with no experience; instead, promote those with the experience. That is, unless, you don't want this company to succeed. Practice what you preach....all the time...not just some of the time. Learn the business...every part of it, by listening to those who have been in the business for years.

Aspen Heights has a fun work environment, a caring staff, and fosters positive working relationships.

Current Employee - Concierge  in  Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Concierge in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Aspen Heights full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the culture, diversity of the staff, the positive environment and policies that allow employees to learn and grow with the company. I love the fluidity that allows room for change if a policy doesn't perfectly accommodate a particular situation or property. Management is easy to talk to from the property level, to regional, to anyone from corporate, there is always an open ear.

Cons

Sometimes it can feel as though there is a bit of a disconnect between the property and the corporate office. Problems on the property level may not be completely understood or appreciated by corporate, just because they are not in the thick of the situation all day, every day. Also, I feel that sometimes it takes so long to get issues from a property level to the corporate level, get approval for a solution etc., that whenever the issue is finally resolved, the problem sat, seemingly untouched for so long, that the damage is done, and residents stay sour.

Try to address problems as quickly as possible- easier said than done- before the resident dissatisfaction, anger and buzz over the issue becomes bigger than the actual problem. If there is a problem that cannot be addressed in a short amount of time (most of them), communicate the plan of action with the property and residents

There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Heights

Worked for Aspen Heights? Contribute to the Community!