Aspen Skiing Company

www.aspensnowmass.com

No better place if you want to instruct

Ski Instructor (Current Employee) Aspen, CO

ProsThey hire based on people skills, not skiing ability, which makes for an awesome work environment. If all you have ever wanted to do is teach skiing, this is the place to do it. You start off getting paid around $12 and hour for teaching, but every 75 hours you teach you get about a $3/hour raise, so by the end of the season you are pulling in close to $30 for group lessons. Privates are even better. Sometimes you will go days without a tip, other times you will get tipped over $1,000. If I just wanted to make a living in a beautiful place, I would still be there. Most of the clients are awesome. You sure feel good about yourself when someone is willing to pay an absurd amount of money to ski with you, and they tip you on top of that.

ConsWhen it's busy, you are working everyday (which I didn't mind at all). When it's slow, you are free-skiing every day. You only get paid for teaching if you actually get a class. If you get stuck with beginners that don't improve quickly it can make for a long day. Sometimes kids are moved to different classes and that doesn't always workout great - some teachers try to keep their best skiers or their best tippers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are doing a great job. More group trips to neighboring resorts (Telluride, Vail, Steamboat) sure help teams grow closer.

Inconsistent

I have been working at Aspen Skiing Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Hiring and Training systems set up. Cons: Systems are too complicated, not used, even when asked upper… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fun parttime job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Aspen Skiing Company part-time

Pros: An environmentally aware and progressive business. Cons: Not going to make a lot of money Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Aspen Skiing Company.

Worked for Aspen Skiing Company? Contribute to the Community!