AspenTech

www.aspentech.com
  www.aspentech.com
There are newer employer reviews for AspenTech

So far so good...

I have been working at AspenTech

Pros

The people are friendly and so far they have done a great job of onboarding. Kudos to the HR Team.

Cons

The downsides so far and the same that they would be in any new job. It just takes time to get used to a new place and new people... and a new commute.

I have no advice at this time, but will post something when I have it.

156 Other Employee Reviews for AspenTech (View Most Recent)

Company review

Current Employee - Products
    Current Employee - Products

I have been working at AspenTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Mostly great products. Some are dated and no (minimum) investment is being made. Really good people. Bright, capable and professional

Cons

Exec Mgmt is arrogant. Thinks just because the company is on firmer footing the world revolves around us. Confusing and complex processes that create unnecessary conflict

Empower people. Move away from mgmt by fear & intimidation. Respect the employees - they are mostly highly educated, capable and extremely professional. Listen without intimidating

Good work environment, bad career choice

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at AspenTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At the office where I work, work is pretty flexible in the sense that it you need to work from home some day or if you need to work flexible hours, it's fine most of the time. In my area, services, you get to travel quite often, which is nice if you like the opportunity of travelling, but sometimes can be a little too much.

Cons

The number of promotions inside the company looks minimal. They don't usually disclose how many people are promoted, but my perception is that very few people are. The only exception was 2012, when many people were promoted and they decided to send the promotions information to everyone in the company. All other years had no information on number of promotions and it looks like there were very few. You better join Aspentech at the top of your career and don't expect to go much further.

There are newer employer reviews for AspenTech