AspenTech
www.aspentech.com Burlington, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Working at AspenTech has been a great experience so far.

Marketing Professional (Current Employee)
Burlington, MA

I have been working at AspenTech full-time for less than a year

ProsThe starting pay is great! The work environment is organized, and you get your own space and laptop. Everyone tends to have a good attitude and genuinely wants to hear your ideas and bring you into projects.

ConsIt takes some time to get the workload you'd like, but that's because the company wants to ease you in. Working from home isn't encouraged at this place, though it still happens on a case by case basis and rarely. The company has gone through a lot in the past, so the CEO is very money-conscious and it's difficult to get larger projects approved that cost money.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage working from home more when it makes sense, because when workers get sick they can still get work done at home without spreading the germs to everyone else and it also adds convenience for certain situations. Also, be more open about how people can move forward in their career at AspenTech and actually layout examples to encourage people to stay at the company longer, instead of picking up skills and moving on to another company.

No words to describe the time spent in Aspentech. There is no positive note.

Senior Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at AspenTech full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good products. If you can survive here, yes, you can… Cons: Lots of experienced people have left. New trainees have a real hard time to cope up with the pace as there is anyone to train.… Advice to Senior Management: You can not always save money. Cost cutting could be good but it has its limits. How can you spend $1500 on shoes, while your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Are you looking for a new job? Keep looking.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Burlington, MA

I have been working at AspenTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Competitive benefit package. There are some very talented people. Cons: I've been reading the reviews for Aspen on this site for a couple of years but never posted one. Most of them are dead-on… Advice to Senior Management: I think that it's save to say that they don't t care about advice… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AspenTech.

Worked for AspenTech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AspenTech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AspenTech CEO Antonio Pietri. All reviews posted anonymously by AspenTech employees.