AspenTech

www.aspentech.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for AspenTech

My experience with Aspen's finance dept. was wonderful. Great people to work for/with!

Former Employee - Finance Department in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Finance Department in Burlington, MA

I worked at AspenTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun people to work with.
Great company to work for.
High level, fast paced atmosphere.
The only reason I left was that I found something closer to home.

Cons

Recognition. Although Aspen has come a long way with recognitions, it could still recognize efforts of their employees a little bit more.

Give out awards or incentives to your employees at your quarterly meetings. It would be highly motivational to your employees. Small things like $25.00 gift cards to recognize efforts goes a LONG way.

164 Other Employee Reviews for AspenTech (View Most Recent)

great co-workers, terrible management

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at AspenTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pretty good software, excellent people. Everyone should work for Aspen at some point in their career but leave before you get too jaded.

Cons

The leadership team gives conflicting messages and objectives. They claim to value customers but really does not.

Get a new CEO

Are you looking for a new job? Keep looking.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Burlington, MA

I have been working at AspenTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive benefit package. There are some very talented people.

Cons

I've been reading the reviews for Aspen on this site for a couple of years but never posted one. Most of them are dead-on but I have to comment about the latest one which gave the company a very favorable review. The person is apparently very new to Aspen and I'd venture to say he hasn't worked at many other companies. "Getting your own space and laptop" should be expected in any company. He also has not got the message as far as working from home. He mentions that it's not 'encouraged" when in fact is is forbidden per official company policy.
    It takes forever to get anything done because the processes are so cumbersome and antiquated yet there doesn't seem to be any interest in streamlining to make processes efficient and effective. Progress is further delayed due to the need to get approvals from a myriad of people. The fear of retaliation makes people reluctant to make decisions on their own.
    There seems to be some attempt to change the culture but it clearly is not working. It continues to be an unsatisfactory place to work. People are leaving at record pace and there are constantly new faces in the halls. I would say that a majority of workers fear for their job.
    I've had friends ask about job openings but my advice is always the same... Don't even think about it. If you are looking for a new job, keep looking. You are lucky to have a website that gives you the insiders' view. Read the reviews. They aren't exaggerated.

I think that it's save to say that they don't t care about advice from their workers. The bottom line is that the company is making money.

There are newer employer reviews for AspenTech