AspenTech

www.aspentech.com
  www.aspentech.com
There are newer employer reviews for AspenTech

Good people at hq, Salespeople are typically aloof

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at AspenTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, company trying to build a better working environment, you can learn everything as long as you put in the time

Cons

no telecommuting, could be more flexible with working hours.

loosen the pursestrings a little bit

156 Other Employee Reviews for AspenTech (View Most Recent)

Definitly NOT the right place for everyone

I worked at AspenTech full-time

Pros

Decent salary range and benefits

Cons

As with many people in the company, I was told over and over again that Aspen was not the right place for everyone. I certainly thought it would be a good fit for me, but I really should have listened.
    I was shocked at how distant and unapproachable upper management was and how uncooperative most departments were. Collaboration between other departments was non-existant and almost hostile at times.
    I came to the conclusion that my ego was not big enough to fit in at Aspen. I would recommend you look elsewhere. Aspen will most likely NOT be the right place for you.

I will reiterate what another poster said... there is nothing I could say to upper managment that would make any difference. They will not listen.

This place is not worth the anxiety it causes. High worker insecurity, low morale

I worked at AspenTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of a single one

Cons

The low morale in the company is a result of the company's lack of effort in listening, communicating and supporting their employees, as well as employee’s constant negativity. The constant negativity among the employees is understandable and very reasonable considering the amount of challenges the company pose on the employees.

There seems to be a pollutive element that pits general employees against managers/upper managers and vice versa. I think this problem is exacerbated by unsatisfied employees who spent more time venting their frustrations than actually working. Being professional does not mean one has to take repeated battement and continual passive-aggressive behavior silently. VP’s, Directors, Managers use fear to get employees to work.

The job is definitely what you make of it (as it is anywhere) but at the same time it also has to do with the amount of support you are receiving from the managers and the upper managers. Since the company lacks communication, a project can get shelved. In some ways it takes the right person and A LOT of luck to succeed in this company.

Turnover there is massive flight of the original skilled employees. Most employees have departed as a result of ethical issues with the way the company is run and because of the mentalities of some of those in the existing management; no one enjoys mistreatment on top of their regular workload.

Don’t be fooled by the farcical trial period and the promise of a higher salary and perhaps even a bonus. Upon completion of the trial period, regardless of efforts and accomplishment, most employees are given a low-end figure and no channels exist to negotiate the salary. No growth or job path... once you get in you're stuck there for years as they tell you "next year" you'll get that raise.

Giving advice to management is useless as they don't care and don't listen. As long as they are making money they are happy.

Aspen Technology should know that there are many businesses that put employees first, and internal politics second, and these companies still see great dividends.

There are newer employer reviews for AspenTech