AspenTech

www.aspentech.com
  www.aspentech.com
There are newer employer reviews for AspenTech

I had a great work experience at this company and wish everyone the best of luck!

Former Employee - ------ in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - ------ in Burlington, MA

I worked at AspenTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people and great product, slow growth due to company making changes but definitely headed in a great direction for the future.

Cons

Wish there were more sales training tactics.

No advice just keep working hard

156 Other Employee Reviews for AspenTech (View Most Recent)

Software Developer

I have been working at AspenTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very Good company for learning and growth.

Cons

We should be ready to switch with technologies, in terms of flexibility of learning new skills.

Underpaid and disposable

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Software Developer I in Nashua, NH

I have been working at AspenTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Direct management, coworkers and essentially everyone from VP and down I have respect for and am able to work well with. Office culture at the moment is relaxed and friendly, with enough structure to keep things rolling (that may change soon, it's hard to say.) I'm challenged on a regular basis when I can get in touch with the resources I need in other locations.
    3 weeks of vacation is nice.

Cons

The Executive level of leadership has made it clear that they are profiting at our expense. Salaries are not competitive with the skillsets which they're hiring. They claim "industry standard", but misleadingly compare themselves to a niche market, not other Software Companies, which is what they are.
    A move of office from NH to MA is causing a huge bump in cost of living, smaller working spaces, and the addition of state income tax on top of that. This means that once we move, I'll be making less than I did when I started. That's unacceptable. It was brought to the attention of the Executive level before raises were handed out, and no compensation was offered for this increase which is a direct result of their choice to relocate. I feel disposable, and unappreciated in light of this.
    On going through the proper channels, the response I was given was essentially "We don't like it either, but there's nothing we can do". That's not confidence inspiring.
    I personally find a Software Company with a no e-commuting policy to be very disappointing.

If you want to be more than an average company that people leave after 2 years, then pay more than average. You've certainly stressed how well the company is doing financially, and seem to believe the company is better than average. So treat your employees as better than average.

There are newer employer reviews for AspenTech