Aspire Public Schools

Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oakland, CA

I worked at Aspire Public Schools full-time

Pros

Great mission, passionate staff and long-ish hours, but not unreasonable. Fair compensation.

Cons

Didn't feel fully utilized, was a bit bored some of the time.

Nurture all employees -- it is cheaper to nurture existing employees than to train new ones. Make sure you select the right employees, nurture them appropriately and help them to remain challenged.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Aspire Public Schools (View Most Recent)

Mission Driven Organization!

I have been working at Aspire Public Schools full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love working for Aspire because all of the teammates are focused on the mission and vision. We are preparing students to earn a college degree. As a child of a parent who went to college and one who did not, I have seen first hand how college is a game changer!

I have been fortunate to work for Aspire for the past twelve years and been given the opportunity to wear several hats.

Cons

I don't have anything to complain about! This is a great place to have a career as an educator.

Great organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Aspire Public Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aspire has a great mission and staff. The systems, infrastructure, and culture around making data-driven decisions at all levels of the organization are years ahead of most other school districts. The commitment to serve students by building strong teachers is powerful. Overall, the organization runs very efficiently.

Cons

The organization has very high expectations which can require large time input. The focus on test scores is understandable given they are a charter, but is more narrowly focused on math and english than I would like.

There are newer employer reviews for Aspire Public Schools

Worked for Aspire Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!