Aspire Public Schools
www.aspirepublicschools.org Oakland, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Found a rewarding place with like-minded individuals!

Manager (Current Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsAspire is full of individuals who care about the mission of preparing students in under-served communities for college. I've never worked with so many like-minded colleagues who support me and are invested in my professional well-being. Senior Management has been extremely flexible in helping me with a work-life balance over the last 10 years. Aspire really cares about its employees and cultivates this culture. Overall it is a great place to work.

ConsAs in many non-profits I think, you end up wearing a variety of hats. It compliments my work style but may not be for everyone. I wish people understood how much Home Office thinks about the entire staff and tries to make decisions with the best interest of our teammates in mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on career pathways and options for your staff.

Not So Good

Teacher (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aspire Public Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros: You can teach kids Thats cool Cons: No union. Lousy Pay. More interested in ed… Advice to Senior Management: Get a life. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

More stress than an air traffic controller at 1/10 the pay.

High School Language Arts Teacher (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aspire Public Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros: You work with smart, young people who are committed to… Cons: Aspire exploits the hell out of this "desire to do good" and works their… Advice to Senior Management: Stop talking about how sustainability and improving teacher turnover is a priority and DO something about it. At every staff meeting, sustainability was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aspire Public Schools.

Worked for Aspire Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aspire Public Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aspire Public Schools CEO James Willcox. All reviews posted anonymously by Aspire Public Schools employees.