There are newer employer reviews for Associated Students (Chico)

It was a very good working atmosphere, there were lots of social aspects which led to more connections in the future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

I have been working at Associated Students (Chico)

Pros

It's a great way to gain more knowledge about a certain area that you work in while developing connections with other students and future employers.

Cons

A lot of the time there isn't a whole lot to do to keep yourself busy and there aren't many advancement opportunities.

Get to know your employees better and learn how to put them in certain situations that allows them to excel at what they do.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Associated Students (Chico) (View Most Recent)

Student Employees will always take the fall for management's mistakes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

I worked at Associated Students (Chico)

Pros

It's nice to have a job on campus and they will make some effort to work around your class schedule. Some of the positions allow students to get experience in fields that normally require you to get a degree first.

Cons

If you are a student employee, be prepared to get blamed for mistakes made by the permanent staff. Student employees are treated as expendable and therefor little effort is made by many members of management to ensure that the student employees are receiving credit for their contributions. Many of the student employees put only enough effort into their jobs to avoid being fired because there is little to no chance of advancement within the organization.

Treat the student employees with a little more respect and do not count the hour when the student has to go to class as being their lunch break. Student employees shouldn't have to choose between their education and proper nutrition.

It's ok

Current Employee - Cashier Supervisor in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier Supervisor in Chico, CA

I have been working at Associated Students (Chico)

Pros

Very flexible with school schedule, on campus so it's very convenient

Cons

Dirt pay for supervisory position, not enough hours for each employee to support themselves, bad communication from most senior management

We are supervisors because we showed enough responsibility to earn it, just because we are students doesn't mean you can treat us like children.

There are newer employer reviews for Associated Students (Chico)