Associated Wholesalers

www.awiweb.com

AWI can feel like a family at times, but can also feel quite dysfunctional.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Robesonia, PA

ProsAWI offers a fair salary. Most hourly and a few salary employees are nice to work with and generally have the best interest of the company at heart. Most customers are very pleasant to interact with, which allows you to feel invested in their success or failure. The company makes great strides to offer newer technology/equipment, but all too often does not follow through with training or making sure all functions were purchased in order to use said equipment/programs properly.

ConsToo many "bottom dollar" practices, which too often results in customer and employee irritation. Management turnover rate is every few years which causes implementation of previously failed policies (not quick to listen to long term employees suggestions). Mid-level management (depending on the department) often fails to communicate important information, which results in easily avoidable and often costly errors. Upper management often negatively targets employees based on personal feelings rather than fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs someone who dedicated almost a decade of their life to this company, I have had the pleasure of working with some great people. I have also had the displeasure of working under a few people who used their authority for personal gain. My advice to management would be to listen to their employees and talk to lower level employees and supervisors to find out what is going on within a department. Focus on the positive in employees and what they have accomplished for your company, instead of the negative which can always be corrected or is explainable.

Good place to start an IT career

Web Developer (Former Employee) York, PA

I worked at Associated Wholesalers

Pros: Great co-workers Patient with new employees at they learn Relaxed work environment Flexible hours… Cons: The co-op principles seem to make for less funds for salaries and… Advice to Senior Management: The co-op principles are great for customer stores and obviously essential to follow to keep customers happy; however, I think putting a little more money… More

Fun and Community-Minded Organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Robesonia, PA

I worked at Associated Wholesalers full-time for more than a year

Pros: An opportunity to positively impact the success of the small independent retailer either directly or indirectly. Leverages strong and established vendor relationships to reach out to… Cons: Create more open forum for communication between departments. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Associated Wholesalers.

Worked for Associated Wholesalers? Contribute to the Community!