Association for Supervision
www.ascd.org Alexandria, VA 150 to 499 Employees

It's an average place to work if you have no career ambition and just want to work 8 to 5.

Coordinator (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Association for Supervision

ProsBenefits are decent, although the medical benefits seem to be not as great as years past... The time off is fantastic and shorter hours are a plus (7.5 hour days, although not everyone gets them). The flex time is nice, as well. There is usually a Christmas bonus, but it has been cut back due to the economic downturn. They also offer some professional development benefits and there are a few association events, such as ice cream socials and the opportunity to play on sports teams, which are nice. Some departments have the option to work from home on some days, which is also pleasant. Just like any other place, some management is great and others are lacking (my direct supervisor is great).

ConsPromotions are few and rare, no matter your caliber! All of the offices politics can be tricky and the atmosphere can be cliquey. As a young professional, working with ex-teachers can be frustrating because it is difficult to stop them from trying to lecture you. They aren't very open to learning technology and are very stuck in marketing to the same target market (which will all be retiring in 5-10 years). It also takes a very long time to get some requests done, as some employees seem to be in cruise control while in the office. It's difficult to stay motivated, unless you get in a position that you like right away.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be encouraged to promote more often, as they are beginning to see a higher turn over among the entry-level employees (when continuous hard work goes unnoticed). The company should also consider new markets, since social media can be done at a relatively low price.

Ok

Manager (Former Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I worked at Association for Supervision

Pros: Good benefits and vacation. Good people to work with Cons: Department heads need to let people know what is going… More

Do not consider this employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Association for Supervision full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice area of Alexandria, Virginia, with good access to I-395.… Cons: The culture is toxic - gossip, infighting within teams, no spirit of collaboration across the organization. Sales performance is way, way down since 2007. Expect… Advice to Senior Management: Management should work together to change the organization from within. Stop indulging Dr. Carter with his pet projects and and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Association for Supervision.

Worked for Association for Supervision? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Association for Supervision reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Association for Supervision CEO Gene R. Carter. All reviews posted anonymously by Association for Supervision employees.