There are newer employer reviews for Assurant

Great Benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

I have been working at Assurant

Pros

Great Benefits- hard to find them anywhere else.

Cons

Sometimes very stressful, quality of work environment depends on your manager

Review existing employees to be sure their wages are at least comparable to new hires

177 Other Employee Reviews for Assurant (View Most Recent)

The grass is not greener here, I ASSURE you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Assurant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and compensation seem good on the surface.

Cons

Lack of training
    Very heavy workload
    Unrealistic expectations

Give new hires a chance to learn before you put a ton of work on them. In less than 2 weeks, I was put on projects and told to work reports with very little direction. There was no training class and absolutely no structure. Even when I stated I needed more time to learn, I was told that I was fine. The person I job shadowed with did not explain the job well at all. Every morning, I had no idea what I was supposed to do that day. I left that place after 2 weeks. For the first week, everyone kept saying, "you came back". Now I know why. Run away!!!

Very Stressful!

Former Employee - Customer Associate II  in  Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Associate II in Duluth, GA

I worked at Assurant

Pros

Money and benefits are good if you can put up with the atmosphere. Most employees friendly.

Cons

Some employees in call center would not have been employed by other companies for Customer Service; couldn't speak well nor write well. Under educated. Sometimes explosive atmosphere: 2 women employees shoving a maintenance worker to the floor for servicing rest room and hanging a closed sign. But, THEY needed to use that rest room when others were available. Belittling of employees in front of a group, false promises, very reactive, not proactive. Every thing seemed to be a 'fire'. No accountability by management or staff. HR very, very supportive of management and to heck with the employee. Managers always away in a meeting, left group to flounder except for a 'lead' rep who sometimes was slow to respond or not at all. Lack of continuation training and development--management didn't have time for it's employees! Dress code was in constant violation--some women looked at though they were dressed for the evening, complete with huge wigs, false eyelashes, revealing outfits, 6" spike heels; was an every day outfit for a lot of women. Business casual was the target. I saw flip flops, raggedy jeans and blouses. Only the men seemed to dress appropriately.

Find a business unit that works, tear this one apart and start over. Hire people suited for the position. I had a 2 minute interview before being hired. HR didn't do final interview, 1st level managers did which I found strange.

There are newer employer reviews for Assurant

Worked for Assurant? Contribute to the Community!