Assurant
www.assurant.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Assurant...I've finally found the employer I've been looking for.

Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Assurant

ProsThey are a great company with an awesome reputation in the business world. We always have great ratings with the stock holders and our revenue has continued to beat everyone's expectations. Not only does this company provide an excellent benefit package but they are always full of unexpected surprises that confirm my acceptance in my job. They really take care of you!

ConsThe only downside is not having the possibility of working remote from home. With the price of gas these days, the appeal of driving into work every day is losing it's momentum. I would love to work from home. Not only to be more "green" but to also reduce traffic on the roads to have that rush hour stress deducted completely from my daily routine. It would make a much happier me and in turn, make our customers much happier.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider the benefit of working from home. Not only does the company save money by being able to reduce the size needed for workers but it also helps the employees save with the expense of gas and transportation.

An interesting place to work.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Assurant

Pros: On-site Day Care & Elementary School for employees children. Cons: "Over time may not be optional". Advice to Senior Management: Spend more on employee morale & balancing the workload. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not Very Fulfilling

Data Specialist (Former Employee)
Kingston, ON (Canada)

I worked at Assurant full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I worked at Assurant for 9 years.......there used to be many pros, such as functions, rewards, etc but they steadily… Cons: No room for advancement and favoritism: If you weren't friends with management, you didn't get promoted. As with many large companies, you had to… Advice to Senior Management: - The little guys are the reason you are where you are today and why you continue to be where you are today. Don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Assurant.

Worked for Assurant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Assurant reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Assurant CEO Rob Pollock. All reviews posted anonymously by Assurant employees.