Positive but challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Duluth, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Assurant Solutions

Pros

Work is challenging and plentiful in most cases.
Employee recognition (ex. customer service week)

Cons

Extreme abuse of time and no one is held accountable.

Stop ignoring bad habits from employees who you know are abusing opportunities.
Managers should secure training on how to be consistent and establishing guidelines. Stop turning a blind eye just because your scores are good. Allow employees to share their thoughts without fear of being terminated. There seems to be a culture of ignoring bad behavior and it is discouraging to employees who are trying to do things the right way.

Other Reviews for Assurant Solutions

I never been treated so bad by an employer.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Addison, TX

I worked at Assurant Solutions

Pros

Allows time off when necessary for family emergencies;
    Initial job training is excellent;
    Continued job support by training staff.

Salary is very low;
    Performance goals continually change making it difficult to qualify for bonuses;
    Upper management is more concerned with EPS than employee satisfaction;
    Promotion from within to supervisor is non-existent.

Increase salaries based on a stable set of performance goals;
    Promote from within to supervisor positions instead of hiring from outside and then trying to train. A "new to the company" supervisor is not equipped to help tenured company employees.
    Stabilize performance goals instead of continuing to add new requirements.

NOT THE PLACE TO WORK IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH SELF WORTH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Albany, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

I have been working at Assurant Solutions

Pros

The employees are great, if it weren't for them, I think I would have been gone a long time ago.

Cons

This does not include supervisors or managers. Supervisors do not back the members of their team; they will create stories such as having feedback from other members of the team about a certain member that could be negative, but the team never gave such feedback. This "coaching" is used constantly and by different supervisors. They will tell you that you are doing a great job, however, they are keeping tabs of everything that can find that will have you terminated all the while stating they will back you. Everyone is scared to go or say anything to a supervisor because, this puts you on their watch list and as much as they say they will not retaliate against an employee, people are being walked out nearly every other day. I have lost all confidence in my self because of this treatment and I fear for my job and that I am useless to go somewhere else.

I cannot talk for all of Assurant companies, this is only for the Albany, Or, callcenter.

The employees are terrified of losing their jobs if they talk against their supervisor. Have a 3rd party come in without having any management involved so that the employees can be honest. The employees cannot trust their supervisors or the managers

There are newer employer reviews for Assurant Solutions.

Worked for Assurant Solutions? Contribute to the Community!