Assured Information Security

www.ainfosec.com
  www.ainfosec.com
There are newer employer reviews for Assured Information Security

Unerfahrene Firma, die ihre Totlast verlieren muss Fledgling Company That Needs To Get Rid of Dead Weight

I worked at Assured Information Security full-time (more than an year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Es wurde viel gute Arbeit und Forschung gemacht, einige davon sind sehr innovativ.

A lot of good work and research being done, some of which is very innovative.

Cons

Viele der ursprünglichen Angestellten sind noch immer da und bilden eine komplette Totlast, da viele von ihnen keine formale Ausbildung in ihren Arbeitsgebieten haben.

A lot of the original employees are still around and are complete dead weight, most of which have no formal education in the areas being worked.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Assured Information Security (View Most Recent)

Fantastic Little Company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rome, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rome, NY

I worked at Assured Information Security full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good ethics, great benefits. The quality of the technical employees are fantastic. The company pursues contracts where the technical quality and employee service is more important than just getting to the lowest price. I have heard managers say that we should "meet or exceed customer expectations. Preferably exceed."

Cons

Career progression can be an issue. For most of the company's existence, there has been a low employee turnover. This is both good and bad. Employees like to stay but the lack of turnover can stagnate career growth opportunities. (I heard that the recent sequestration caused some shake-ups, maybe this has changed).

There are many aspects of working for a small company I miss. But there is one function that I have really grown to respect and highly recommend that you consider doing better. Human Resources. From my perspective, you would be served well by putting some serious investment in HR.

I am glad this was my first job out of college

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rome, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rome, NY

I have been working at Assured Information Security full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits & pay. Smart & talented engineers, they are some of the most talented engineers and support people around. They really are what makes this place great.

Recently the company reduced and streamlined the management team at all levels. Communication from the top has gotten a lot better and some of the bureaucracy has gone away.

Cons

Because it's a small company, if things get slow, you may be working on something boring or unrelated to your field for a while.

Some of the program managers could use leadership training.

Offer some basic training and instruction to new hires. Consider developing a career path that creates opportunity for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Assured Information Security