Astellas Pharma US

www.astellas.us
  www.astellas.us
There are newer employer reviews for Astellas Pharma US

Good ol' boys club IT Department - Computer World Top 100 companies to Work in IT ???

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Astellas Pharma US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Corporate Benefits, events and community activities.

Cons

US IT Department is very toxic as mentioned in previous posts. The management relentlessly pursue promoting themselves. They kept on pursuing computer world to get on to the TOP100 instead of looking at how to foster and grow the department. All the reasons they got this slot point to Astellas corporate benefits and nothing related to working in the IT department. In fact if it was based on IT, and how IT employees feel, they would score the Top 10 in worst places to work for.

IT department has no vision and strategy. Runs a Mafia with arrogant and racist leadership. Business gets no benefit from this IT department. Business can get true value of their IT investments if they change the leadership, change the culture and make it a great place to work, like the rest of Astellas.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Astellas Pharma US (View Most Recent)

This was a great place to work

Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Astellas Pharma US full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management was open and communicated well with employees. Emphasis was on work done, not hours spent. Everyone supported everone else - no back-biting.

Cons

The company that bought us - Astellas - didn't understand our products and shut us down.

Leadership needs to step up and speak out for their team

I have been working at Astellas Pharma US full-time

Pros

Flexible time to take care of personal / family matters. Great benefits.

Cons

Promotions are rare with minimal career growth. Leadership is scared to speak up; they feel beaten down and not willing to fight for their team. Management and up receive the acknowledgments of individual team members, rather than the individuals. Management receives substantially larger bonus' over their team members (3-4x more), plus much higher wages. Communication is extremely lacking. Senior VP has a tendency to micromanage the entire facility rather than allow them the opportunity to expand and grow with the faith you have rather than continuous doubt (personnel and management).

Stick up for your teams rather than beat them down...bring them up. Don't speak badly about other teams, but help them help you with better communication, patience and understanding. Have faith in your employees to make the right decisions (senior VP)...allow them to grow by making the decisions they were hired to make. Communicate with personnel to allow them to better understand your expectations, which in turn will allow them the opportunity to grow and expand their experience and value.

There are newer employer reviews for Astellas Pharma US