Pharmaceutical Sales

I have been working at Astellas Pharma US

Pros

Great people and products. There are a lot of good ideas generated here. I really have enjoyed my time here.

Cons

Under new management, there have been many good and experienced representatives leaving the company. The trend is toward new, inexperienced people. It is a shame.

Advice to Management

Look at specific areas where many people are leaving. Ask yourself why good reps with good track records are leaving.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Mgmt teams in dire need of professional training..tend to be vindictive. HR takes hands off approach. Too many chiefs.

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Associate in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Clinical Trial Associate in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Astellas Pharma US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits package is pretty good. A good place to start a clinical career and then move to Big Pharma.

Cons

Cliques and politics make it difficult to function. Trust levels low to non existent. Clinical mgmt lack communication skills. Works in silos.

Advice to Management

Retire incompetent mgmt staff or provide mandatory extensive professional training programs to enhance skill sets. Listen to and act on employee feedback.

2. Great benefits but very questionable treatment that varies from manager to manager and area

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Astellas Pharma US (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Great salary and seems very solid financially.

Cons

Flex Fridays? Depends on where you are......manager behavior is borderline abusive. No patience what so ever, I know new PCP reps who are treated poorly only after a few months out of training, it's crazy.

Advice to Management

Hire leaders! Foster an environment of true leadership rather than management! Anybody can manage. Calm down and look at your expectations. Get a hold of your managers and talk to their people about their practices. I've never worked for a company where so many people talk about lawsuit and bringing class action against them.