AstraZeneca

www.astrazeneca.com

Good People with Big Challenges

Informatics Scientist (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsOn the whole, AstraZeneca has great people. There are a lot of smart people, particularly in R&D, who know their jobs and actually like working *with* other people.

If you're interested in healthcare or scientific research, want a seriously challenging career and are among the best at what you do, AZ is a good place to spend your time...

AZ also takes work/life balance seriously. So if you have a family, whether that's children or parents or siblings, AZ management tends to be sympathetic to those needs.

ConsA more complex web of matrix management you won't find outside of a government bureaucracy. This provides a huge cost in speed of decision making and in accountability.

Giant patent cliff is coming. Heavy reliance on outsourcing (though this has good points, as well as bad).

Initially challenging and invigorating, then all about keeping your manager happy.

Global Medical Affairs Manager (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Nice facilities and benefits. There are many systems in place so coming up to speed can be like… Cons: Sometimes the systems can smother you and they are always coming up with a new way of doing a certain aspect of marketing (branding, positioning,… Advice to Senior Management: Honestly listen to those closest to the customer and be open to ideas. Welcome that one… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company if you have the right manager

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: benefits compenstation company car freedom Cons: uncertainty unrealistic goals unrealistic job Advice to Senior Management: communicate Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AstraZeneca.

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!