AstraZeneca

www.astrazeneca.com

AstraZeneca is a solid company to work for.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsStrong products and product recognition from our customers. AstraZeneca provides so many tools to help you plan and sell. I appreciate their high standard for ethics and emphasis, "Do the Right Thing".

ConsOveremphasis on personal development which is a distraction to business planning and selling in the field. There is no uniform way how to sell pharmaceuticals or selling in general. Different managers I worked for had his/her own sales theory which made it confusing for the whole team and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementField Reps are paid to create and work a business plan in support of marketing's brand strategy. Let us do what we do best, sell in the field. Don't distract our business planning and field time with the individual development plan and confusing scorecard template.

Exceptional company that typically takes the high road in an increasingly scrutinized industry with growing challenges.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) White Plains, NY

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: * Many strong employees that actually care about patient health * Solid upper management that has guided the… Cons: * Patent expiration of blockbusters provides uncertain future * Collaborative efforts with other pharma companies poses… Advice to Senior Management: * Keep communication open during times of change * Create a culture of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good People with Big Challenges

Informatics Scientist (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: On the whole, AstraZeneca has great people. There are a lot of smart people, particularly in R&D, who know their jobs and actually like working… Cons: A more complex web of matrix management you won't find outside of a government bureaucracy. This provides a huge cost in speed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AstraZeneca.

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!