AstraZeneca

www.astrazeneca.com
There are newer employer reviews for AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca is a solid company to work for.

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong products and product recognition from our customers. AstraZeneca provides so many tools to help you plan and sell. I appreciate their high standard for ethics and emphasis, "Do the Right Thing".

Cons

Overemphasis on personal development which is a distraction to business planning and selling in the field. There is no uniform way how to sell pharmaceuticals or selling in general. Different managers I worked for had his/her own sales theory which made it confusing for the whole team and customers.

Field Reps are paid to create and work a business plan in support of marketing's brand strategy. Let us do what we do best, sell in the field. Don't distract our business planning and field time with the individual development plan and confusing scorecard template.

500 Other Employee Reviews for AstraZeneca (View Most Recent)

Exceptional company that typically takes the high road in an increasingly scrutinized industry with growing challenges.

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist in White Plains, NY

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

* Many strong employees that actually care about patient health
    * Solid upper management that has guided the company through many tough times
    * Lots of cash-- ready to acquire companies and compounds to build pipeline

Cons

* Patent expiration of blockbusters provides uncertain future
    * Collaborative efforts with other pharma companies poses a risk
    * Conservative marketing approach allows more aggressive competitors to take advantage with bolder claims

* Keep communication open during times of change
    * Create a culture of career advancement
    * Focus on strengthening the sales force by making it leaner

Initially challenging and invigorating, then all about keeping your manager happy.

Former Employee - Global Medical Affairs Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Global Medical Affairs Manager in Wilmington, DE

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice facilities and benefits. There are many systems in place so coming up to speed can be like following a template. Also, marketing budgets are adequate. They have a very customer oriented approach to marketing.

Cons

Sometimes the systems can smother you and they are always coming up with a new way of doing a certain aspect of marketing (branding, positioning, etc) that takes on a life of it's own. The biggest con is that people are in constant fear of their jobs and can't speak freely. The company culture changed greatly (in a negative direction) in the 5 years that I was there.

Honestly listen to those closest to the customer and be open to ideas. Welcome that one who isn't going with the flow -- he/she might be the only one brave enough to speak up.

There are newer employer reviews for AstraZeneca