AstraZeneca

www.astrazeneca.com

Not for the faint hearted

Legal Counsel (Former Employee) Macclesfield, England (UK)

ProsIt's a lovely physical working environment, beautiful surroundings and nice offices. There's a pub onsite, a shop and lovely walks in the summer. There is always plenty of legal work so you'll never get bored and people are generally nice, educated and polite.

ConsYou need to be aggressive, focused and ambitious to get ahead at AZ. It's very much who you know, not how well you do. Managers have been there for years and don't want to go anywhere else, so they are not particularly progressive (eg flexible working as an alien concept when I was there). Salaries are not the highest and bonuses tend to be on the low side, but that depends on where you are in the organisation. I worked like a dog on a long term project and was given a bonus of £2k whereas the project manager's bonus enabled him to buy a house in Italy! Hmmm, bit of a mismatch there since I probably spent longer on the project than he did.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep out of the past and into the future which involves trusting employees more to work flexibly and remotely. Reward employees for a job well done and stop focusing so much on managers who are usually only productive because they have a good team supporting them.

Solid place to work

I have been working at AstraZeneca

Pros: Large company, pays well, room to move around, always busy… Cons: Pharma industry as a whole is shaky right now Advice to Senior Management: More personality, every one is on pins and needles Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great company

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at AstraZeneca

Pros: work with you to suceed Cons: I needed a larger territory Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AstraZeneca.

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!