There are newer employer reviews for AstraZeneca

Not for the faint hearted

Former Employee - Legal Counsel in Macclesfield, England (UK)
Former Employee - Legal Counsel in Macclesfield, England (UK)

I worked at AstraZeneca

Pros

It's a lovely physical working environment, beautiful surroundings and nice offices. There's a pub onsite, a shop and lovely walks in the summer. There is always plenty of legal work so you'll never get bored and people are generally nice, educated and polite.

Cons

You need to be aggressive, focused and ambitious to get ahead at AZ. It's very much who you know, not how well you do. Managers have been there for years and don't want to go anywhere else, so they are not particularly progressive (eg flexible working as an alien concept when I was there). Salaries are not the highest and bonuses tend to be on the low side, but that depends on where you are in the organisation. I worked like a dog on a long term project and was given a bonus of £2k whereas the project manager's bonus enabled him to buy a house in Italy! Hmmm, bit of a mismatch there since I probably spent longer on the project than he did.

Advice to Management

Step out of the past and into the future which involves trusting employees more to work flexibly and remotely. Reward employees for a job well done and stop focusing so much on managers who are usually only productive because they have a good team supporting them.

reviews filtered by

Not the ideal job, but enjoyable nonetheless

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at AstraZeneca

Pros

A full bag of products. Managers seemed to genuinely care. The sales training program was robust for the pharma industry

Cons

Overall, I did not like the pharma sales process irregardless of the company. Not much room for advancement within AZ.

Advice to Management

It may be prudent to look at another means of accessing physicians. The old model of waiting for the physician does not work anymore.

great company

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at AstraZeneca

Pros

work with you to suceed

Cons

I needed a larger territory

Advice to Management

none

There are newer employer reviews for AstraZeneca