Overworked for low pay (RUN)

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Asurion

Pros

Insurance, fun co-workers, free roadside services and good phone bill discounts

Cons

Very low raises, unprofessional supervisors, lots of favoritism, unethical, attendance policy and repetitive work.

Respect all hourly paid associates everyone should get a raise of at least $0.20 not giving a raise to some make people not respect the company. Promote supervisors who really care about the phone reps instead of ones who only care about their bonus. Look more into a better attendance policy. HR need to get more involved with the many unethical things going on instead of staying in their offices ignoring the issues they would hear us complain about when they would pass by.

Other Reviews for Asurion

Great learning opportunity in one of the world best business models

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Fast paced, huge opportunities to learn if you are so inclined, serious challenges, strong financial performance, good pay, Nashville is a great place to live - low cost of living - great for families, you get ot work with some brigh passionate people

Cons

Many can not handle the pace of change. Company is immature in processes and infrastructure due to is rapid growth wich can be frustrating. The pace never seems to slow down, full throttle every day can get taxing.

Focus on building a sustainable organization. This requuires stronger leaders at all levels. Take focus off of individual contibutor performance with your leaders and give them the time a tools to manage effectively.

good for the depths of the recession, better than some call centers, but not a wise career path and a bad, bad job.

Current Employee - work at home call center slave  in  Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - work at home call center slave in Greeley, CO

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

work from home and I have a wonderful supervisor who actually cares and isn't faking it. Most sups are about as real as a spray on tan and artificial nails, sorry to say. I just lucked out. Hope my sup finds something better as well. There's lots of good talented people working at this company, but we're all in fear of leaving for some weird reason. We've been brainwashed to some degree, I think. This might be a good job for someone who wants to supplement their household's primary income and has the patience of a saint. But I still wouldn't recommend staying here for more than 6 months unless you have the funds to replace your own equipment and are looking for something to do and some pin money to spend. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Cons

Rotten hours, no 2 days off in a row, ever, ever. Shift bids are supposed to happen every 6 months, but my schedule has changed at least 6 times in the past year. Cross training some agents across accounts to do twice as much work for the same amount of pay which throws off being able to meet stats for incentives, having to request time off 6 months in advance (no joke) paying for all your own equipment, PC, headsets and all utilities, ISP and phone line. No reimbursement by Asurion and if a utility/service/piece of equipment fails, you're written up for it as an "occurrence". Repetitive, doesn't pay enough to compensate for replacement and upkeep of equipment required to do your job. And the constant call for overtime, 10 out of 12 months of the year to already very burnt out, badly paid and poorly treated employees. Working off the clock for no pay to resolve operational issues (there was a lawsuit recently filed and won for this very issue in Nov-Dec of 2010 at a brick and mortar call center in TN, the employees won). Can't have too much downtime or you'll be fired, even when trying to resolve a company related issue. Don't ever be sick; any time you call in sick, you're written up for that as well. The constant culture of fear, fear, everywhere. Big Brother in your home on your computer always watching you.

Pay your home sourced workers (for that matter all of your workers) a livable wage. If an employee has downtime, excuse them even if you don't pay them for it. Allow your workers time and pay to fix issues both in and out of house-docking us just makes us slaves to the machine afraid to say anything. Do away with the culture of fear and allow us to be truthful with customers instead of dancing around the issue at hand. Support our equipment; the people in the physical call centers have that option, why not us? That's right, we work from home! And management says that like it's such a great thing. Oh, stab me. It's not a great thing at all whatsoever for the customer service rep stuck at home with no human interaction aside from the ranting lunatics on the other end of the phone. Allow us to do a few other things, like mentoring or data entry to give us a break and a breather. Call center workers have a shelf life and the company could try to extend it, but Asurion is not interested in the sanity of their workers, only the precious bottom line. No wonder call centers in the US are now hiring convicts to work in their call centers-this is solitary confinement with little benefit to me and tons of benefit to the company. I'm sure Asurion will be recruiting at privately owned prisons in the near future. Even after I and all of the members of my class 16 we now have 3 left from 2 years ago had to pass background tests and drug screensHave fun with your convicts, hope that it buys our new CEO a luxe Louis Vuitton handbag to be carried around in when he's too busy to walk outside. Bite me.

There are newer employer reviews for Asurion.

Worked for Asurion? Contribute to the Community!