Asurion

There are newer employer reviews for Asurion

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you love a challenge....it can't be beat

Cons

None at this point, Working with the Dream Team

321 Other Employee Reviews for Asurion (View Most Recent)

A nearly perfect mix of opportunity, innovation, and stability

Current Employee - Director - IT in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Director - IT in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a meritocracy, Asurion employs and rewards top talent - the result is a whole company of top performers and those striving to be top performers. The company core values are not just a poster on the wall, they are lived out every day from the top down and are a part of our semi-annual evaluation process. Innovation is allowed, encouraged, and rewarded.

Cons

Asurion IT is very fast-paced which can be a struggle for some. Individuals who want a job rather than a career and who are satisfied with just doing what is required are sometimes undervalued and ultimately can be unsuccessful.

I believe it will be instrumental to our continued success that we continue to focus with balance on both production and production capability. When we swing too far toward production it can improve short term efficiency, but will harm our long-term viability. When we swing too far toward production capability, we become inefficient and risk losing the final product in bureaucracy.

Grow and develop

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've had the opportunity to learn a lot here at Asurion. I've been part of both very strategic conversations and been able to affect change in tactical, day-to-day instances as well. I've always felt as if my position has been both challenging and rewarding. The level of collaboration is refreshing as well and I always feel like there is someone that can help provide the resource I need..

Cons

It's a company that's relatively young and still less than 20 years old. Despite have 10,000 employees, the company operates as a start-up would in a lot of respects. This leads to a lack of defined processes and a general sense of ambiguity. I’ve seen this be a problem for those that value highly structured environments, but conversely, those that describe themselves as entrepreneurial have thrived with this component of the culture.

The Sr. Leadership at Asurion is outrageously strong, likely more Stanford Business school grads on staff than are presently enrolled at. I don't think I'm a credible source to advise the executive team at Asurion. If I had to pick one thing, I'd say that the mid-level manager's dig too many ditches and roll up their sleeves much too often. I'd say we need to build out the lower ranks and change this top-heavy, lean workforce. With as important the bottom line is these days, I'm not sure if this will happen here, or anywhere for that matter.

There are newer employer reviews for Asurion