There are newer employer reviews for Asurion

Excellet experience working at Asurion.

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Expanded my experience as a manager
2. Excellent team environment for such a large company.
3. Opportunity to grow within the company.
4. The company has shown a commitment to training and career growth for it's employees.
5. The company has grown and expanded in a down economy.
6. Opportunity to work with offshore resources.

Cons

Some process that could be improved upon is hard to change with such large teams and Bureaucracy.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

One of a kind work environment

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(1) no real limit on time off; the amount of time you can take off is dependent on if you are getting your work done
    (2) the benefits package is one of the best in the industry
    (3) compay priorities are always changing which keeps everyone on their toes and on the look out for new opportunities
    (4) career growth is easy to accomplish if you perform well; i've held 3 different positions in less than a year and each position was in increase in responsibiity and pay :)
    (5) you can work from home when necessary
    (6) we own more than 90% of the market so job security is dependent on how you perform

Cons

1. sometimes we can be very fast paced to the point where it is difficult to understand what we should be working on but this is not a problem for most people.
    2. starting out, you have to be able to deal with ambiguity because your role may not be clearly defined
    3.The pressure to complete projects or make last minute changes can be overwhelming at times

Advice to Management

communicate more on what we are doing as company

Good and bad, ultimately I was re-org'ed out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well, which is actually part of their downfall (so I suppose I should be putting it in the Cons?). They tend to over-hire and overpay people in roles where they are doing far less important stuff than what they're capable of. I can only imagine what I would have been making if I were in the job that I am actually qualified for there.

Cons

There's a lot of uncertainly career-wise. They re-organize about every six months to a year, so you never know if you or your team is going to be on the chopping block. Lots of turnover.

Advice to Management

Don't hire someone with 10+ years experience and give them a job that a 3+ year employee could handle (and in many cases, handle better). Even worse, don't pay them what they're asking for because they will end up being unfulfilled by the role you've given them and you could get the job done better for half what you're paying the person you hired because you wanted a lot of experience.