Asurion

There are newer employer reviews for Asurion

Great Culture

Current Employee - Inventory in Smyrna, TN
Current Employee - Inventory in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is a good company to work for because of meeing customer satisfaction and the atmosphere created by the people who work with you on a day to day basis.

Cons

Development of people as a team is stronger than individual development and opportunites to advance are limited by what experience you within the company even though your resume shows that you are qualified.

work toward improving individual growth more.

315 Other Employee Reviews for Asurion (View Most Recent)

Ambitious employee promoted several times within the organization

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, excellent financial growth, recession proof business model, challenging, constant drive for results, casual dress attire, passionate employees, low turnover of top performers, global opportunities, promotes entrepreneurial spirit, flexible work environment where some employees work remotely from home or work from home a day or two per week, "ok" to have fun and laugh at work and during meetings, good benefits, high degree of integrity

Cons

Don't always celebrate accomplishments....there is a constant focus on improvement, must be able to handle fast pace, constantly changing environment, sink-or-swim business, must be able to take the initiative and drive results independently and collaboratively to succeed

More leadership forums, leadership development opportunities

Nightmare is an understatement

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For a recent college graduate, which is what I was, the pay was decent, there were opportunities for raises, sedentary work, guaranteed 40+ hours, liked having the ability to add over-time myself or leave early on VTO (voluntary time off)

Cons

Ha! Where do I begin:
    1) Monotonous would best describe the nature of the work. Try reading, until it commits to memory, the same dam scripting on a computer screen an average of 90-120x a day, 5 days a week. The surest way to burn a person completely out and I had nightmares of filing claims for the first 4mos I was employed here!

2)Asurion says that they are a company that has "values" which uphold quality products and they act with integrity. Well I don' think they can even spell integrity. Charging a customer $130 for a 2 year old phone to have it replaced with a refurbished device that someone else has formerly dropped in the water is not quality for one and two we are trained to sound "confident" in the product we are swindling off to the customer. I've never felt more prepared to fly off to Hollywood and try my hand at acting than I do now. We are trained lies, hustlers, cheaters, and the very last thing we do there is actually help the customer.

3)They are full of lies and shenanigans! (oh and when they higher you they have an extraordinary training process and all the big shots from the company come in during the course of 3 wks and feed you generously and tell you their individual journey to the "corporate"side and they say these key words "just give us SIX months and you control your destiny in this company. You can promote off the phone sometimes as early as FOUR!!!" (IT'S A BIG FAT LIE)

4)If you like being verbally abused because you have disguised your like for it by saying "oh I don't take things personal and I have thick skin" then this is the place for you. I do have thick skin and I don't typically take things personal BUT there are always exceptions to those rules. As I said, when you are taking on average 90-120 calls a day, there are 70 of them that you are going to be met with difficulty for 2 reasons 1:The customer didn't know they had a deductible 2:when you tell them how much the deductible is for typically in their case an older phone, your jovial call 2 minutes ago turns to speaking with Satan himself!

5) Quality is pushed really hard in this place but it is a joke BECAUSE: 1) NONE of the supervisors are on the same page 2) as a result of that, each team is trained to say different "effective" things 3) as a result the customer is told a slew of differing information, they are confused, and this ruins the trust the customer has in the company and their confidence in us that we can help them 4) speaking of supervisors, where the hell are they?!!! They are never anywhere to be found. They never want to take calls that after you've been cursed out the customer request to speak to them. They are not trained well enough and often say "hmm? good question, um I'm not quite sure, uh let me reach out to that department and check"

6) Be prepared to get out your finest tube of red lipstick because they ride you in this company like a horse to the glue factory and still yell about better performance better that better perfomance and yet smoozing ass kissers who may not have the best stats will be taking calls next to you one month and then become you ill-informer, incompetent supervisor the next BECAUSE although they sucked as a CSR, their "sucking" abilities were better in other departments.

I don't know if I have any advice because I know this foulness is nothing new! Many companies operate in the same unethical manner. I would define work such as that of Asurion and probably other call center, an electronic sweatshop. There are always going to be people that need a job and just knowing that information there allows companies to hire and fire whomever they want, qualified or not. People are interchangeable and mission statements for companies are just fancy marketing fronts that perpetuate an untruth they know can't be challenge, especially if like Asurion, they know they monopolize the electronic insurance market

There are newer employer reviews for Asurion